Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Toronto Reports Seeing UFO!

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:40 PM
  • 13 Replies

Toronto Reports Seeing UFO

Sarah Chun, 36, told reporters from The Star that she saw a UFO outside of her window on July 26 while sitting at the dining table in Toronto. As these six or seven huge bright lights caught her attention, she grabbed her iPad and went outside to take a video of it. Shortly after going outside, Chun noticed another glowing object in another part of the sky. After getting these lights on video, she posted it up on YouTube. Chun woke up the next morning to discover that her videos had gone viral.

This video caught the attention of many, as people questioned whether or not aliens truly exist. However, what happened in Toronto was not the only report of a UFO sighting incidence. Canada has a number of reports, even multiple times a day, stating someone saw a UFO. So frequent are these reports that Canada has a group dedicated to researching more about this phenomenon. Ufology Research, based in Winnipeg, keeps track of the number of UFO sightings and prepares a report for the people to see. In 2011 there were 986 supposed cases reported and 1,981 were reported in 2012. Some people posit that it could be the Chinese paper lamps floating in the sky. Others think that the lights are too high and too far into the sky to be lanterns. However, only about eight percent of the reports have no explanation.

Scientists are already talking about the possibility of finding life outside of Earth in the very near future. Seth Shostak, a Senior Astronomer at the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) Institute, believes that they could find out more about extraterrestrial life within two decades or less due to the rapid advancement in technology to provide the means to conduct the search.

Discoveries made by the Kepler planet-hunting telescope makes the possibility of seeing extraterrestrial life a near reality. This powerful telescope is able to continuously deliver more revelations to scientists about outer-space.

Scientists using the Kepler have confirmed that there are five planets where life could happen. In addition, a study done by a doctoral candidate Erik Petigura from University of California, Berkeley found that one in five stars also have a planet similar in size to the Earth orbiting around it. This has given scientists much hope with the possibility of being able to find species from different planets.

Chris Rutkowski from Ufology Research stated that a lot of scientists do not believe in UFOs and think that these sightings could be easily explained. This has led to skepticism and a lack of credibility towards studying ufology. However, Ufology Research polls indicate that one out of 10 Canadians believe that they have seen a UFO in their lifetime.

Ufology Research reports that they have collected accounts of people seeing UFO lights in Toronto and in other parts of Canada. People have seen multiple unexplainable and extraordinary lights in the sky. In Sudbury, Canada Michel Deschamps recalled having a frightening experience in 1990. He witnessed a shiny sphere hovering over a former radar station, shocking him. Although he had witnessed a fair share of UFOs in his childhood, this incident was by far the scariest.

By Joyce Chu

Read more at http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/toronto-reports-seeing-ufo/#ChdPgELPf1gDs0Bb.99

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Hmmmm

I don't know if I would have thought those lights were UFOs.

The four look to be connected.

Who knows....

I guess that is the question..........................

mrsmoonbeam
by Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM
I couldnt see anything but I am on my mobile. guess I will have to wait intill I can get to a computer :-(
VooDooB
by weird cheese on Jul. 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Canadians reported it, so it's true.

Canadians don't lie.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Hmmmm

Who knows....

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Quoting VooDooB:

Canadians reported it, so it's true.

Canadians don't lie.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Hmmmm

Who knows....

Learn something new every day. lol

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:32 PM

PerseyG
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I die. this gif just moved in perfect sync to the cheesy-ass song I was listening too.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

what cheesy song were you listening to by chance?  

Quoting PerseyG: I die. this gif just moved in perfect sync to the cheesy-ass song I was listening too.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

PerseyG
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
a song called "one night stand" by some mustachio'd weirdo named Gunther. his music is horrible but he has a sweet sweet mullet.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting PerseyG: I die. this gif just moved in perfect sync to the cheesy-ass song I was listening too.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 28, 2014 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

off to find the cheesey mustachio'd weirdo...OMGoodness, he could definitely be dancing to it!  

Quoting PerseyG: a song called "one night stand" by some mustachio'd weirdo named Gunther. his music is horrible but he has a sweet sweet mullet.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

jcrew6
by Gold Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Ohhhhh Toronto....

No tell'n what's goin on there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)