Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

why I'm tired of seeing white laundry on the clothes line

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM
  • 42 Replies
2 moms liked this

The white laundry looks like ghosts!

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM
It isnt Halloween yet
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Where do you live, that people still hang out the laundry?
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this

a lot of people still like to hang out their sheets, the sun helps whiten them and the breeze through them leaves them so fresh.  

Quoting momtoscott: Where do you live, that people still hang out the laundry?

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:32 PM
I only see laundry outside when we travel to Maine. When we hung laundry as a kid I remember it being very scratchy. I would probably prefer slightly dingy, but soft, sheets.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

a lot of people still like to hang out their sheets, the sun helps whiten them and the breeze through them leaves them so fresh.  

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jul. 29, 2014 at 5:47 PM
4 moms liked this

I just can't get beyond the idea that they are actually clean when they have been hanging outside with dust blowing in the wind and bugs flying in them.  

Quoting momtoscott: I only see laundry outside when we travel to Maine. When we hung laundry as a kid I remember it being very scratchy. I would probably prefer slightly dingy, but soft, sheets.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

BluesPagan2.0
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I want a clothes line when we are able to finally move.
The clothes smell so good. And have an interesting feel that just makes me melt.
nerdmom2twins
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM

During the spring and summer, if I wash them early enough in the day, I like to line dry our sheets.  It smells so good when you sleep in them that night!  I'm in Alabama by the way, lol.

The Kat is back - Katzmeow726!

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

We still hang clothes down under.....I like the fact that the sun will sterilize the clothes and nothing....NOTHING is better than getting into bed after putting your new sheets on and smelling the wind.  Same with towels.  There are days (no wind and hot as) where the clothes come out like pieces of cardboard.  I just bring in when the sun has gone down and the change in weather will soften them.

I use the dryer with knickers and socks because I have a 9kg washer full of them and not enough friggin pegs LOL.  I also use it for school uniforms simply to keep the colour of the uniforms as the sun bleaches clothes and on some uniform pieces that have to last years!

I dont like the oily feel the dryer gives....or the bill the electricity accrues.

Seasidegirl
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I wish I could hang laundry. 

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jul. 29, 2014 at 6:23 PM

yup yup yup :-)

Quoting nerdmom2twins:

During the spring and summer, if I wash them early enough in the day, I like to line dry our sheets.  It smells so good when you sleep in them that night!  I'm in Alabama by the way, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)