Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I think I am getting a tattoo :)

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:37 PM
  • 30 Replies

I have a very ugly 33 yr old tattoo that I have hated always.  My kids have a friend who does very nice work who is willing to do it very cheap, like 50 bucks or so.  I am in the process of selling 2 vehicles to acquire one and pay a debt and this :)  I am excited.  I know someone will say I shouldnt but I am really hopeful I can make this work!  What do you think?

Here is the existing tattoo:

Here is what I think I want but with some color in the upper feathers and birds maybe a concho and some leather and beads:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
latashac
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:41 PM
Those are cute. I always wanted a tattoo but the needle part always makes me chicken out.
trippyhippy
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:47 PM
3 moms liked this
Sorry to have to be the one to tell you but there is zero chance of covering that tattoo with a feather. I'm the wife of a really good tattoo artist and I know he would tell you that not only is that not an option, but that feather tattoo has already been done on hundreds of thousands of girls. It was the fad tattoo two years ago. This year it's an infinity symbol with a word in it. I think it's awesome that you are covering up the tattoo but you need to go in with a realistic hope.
VinVanMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:57 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd pay to go to Tattoo Nightmares they specialize in covers. Plus Tommy is hot. The lady artist does beautiful feminine work.
tina08mommy
by Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:01 PM
I think what you want is nice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM

Better you than the artist I guess he is going to do some drawings, its not happening tomorrow anyhow lol.  I hope he is able to do something to feminize it, Its on my wrist so It can go down my hand and all the way up my arm if it has to.  I want an Native American themed piece.

I will have to see what he suggests here is a piece he did the other day I already know nothing like this will work

:

Quoting trippyhippy: Sorry to have to be the one to tell you but there is zero chance of covering that tattoo with a feather. I'm the wife of a really good tattoo artist and I know he would tell you that not only is that not an option, but that feather tattoo has already been done on hundreds of thousands of girls. It was the fad tattoo two years ago. This year it's an infinity symbol with a word in it. I think it's awesome that you are covering up the tattoo but you need to go in with a realistic hope.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM

What could you change her original one into?   That's a lot of ink there.  Why don't you show this to your hubs and ask him for some suggestions for survivor?

Quoting trippyhippy: Sorry to have to be the one to tell you but there is zero chance of covering that tattoo with a feather. I'm the wife of a really good tattoo artist and I know he would tell you that not only is that not an option, but that feather tattoo has already been done on hundreds of thousands of girls. It was the fad tattoo two years ago. This year it's an infinity symbol with a word in it. I think it's awesome that you are covering up the tattoo but you need to go in with a realistic hope.

survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:12 PM

If he is good his  opinion is valuable and while I have known this kid for 15 yrs I dont have that kind of relationship with Trippy lol.  I am not looking for freebies on the interwebs :)

Quoting grandmab125:

What could you change her original one into?   That's a lot of ink there.  Why don't you show this to your hubs and ask him for some suggestions for survivor?

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:23 PM

I just thought he might have some ideas on what could change that.  Hoping your guy comes up with something really cool.

BTW, what is your original one supposed to be?  I'm not really up on tattoos, other than eyebrow tattooing.  I had that done once, and the woman did a terrific job.  It looked so natural.  Unfortunately, eyebrow tats don't last forever.  If I could find  someone who had a medical license to use Novocaine, I would do it again.  I'm too chicken now that I know how much that hurt to ever do it again.

Quoting survivorinohio:

If he is good his  opinion is valuable and while I have known this kid for 15 yrs I dont have that kind of relationship with Trippy lol.  I am not looking for freebies on the interwebs :)

Quoting grandmab125:

rfhsure
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:24 PM
This is pretty much to the letter what I was going to say.

survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 29, 2014 at 11:46 PM

Well its a long story and its been messed with several times but my ex had our names put there with a little red rosebud when we were engaged.  I was never happy with it , I was way underage and really coersed, but when I had his name covered thats when all the really ugly started lol.

I imagine eyebrow tattoos do hurt.  Ouch!  This tattoo has never really hurt when its been worked on.  I have a parrot on my back that hurt but all the otherones werent too bad.

Quoting grandmab125:

I just thought he might have some ideas on what could change that.  Hoping your guy comes up with something really cool.

BTW, what is your original one supposed to be?  I'm not really up on tattoos, other than eyebrow tattooing.  I had that done once, and the woman did a terrific job.  It looked so natural.  Unfortunately, eyebrow tats don't last forever.  If I could find  someone who had a medical license to use Novocaine, I would do it again.  I'm too chicken now that I know how much that hurt to ever do it again.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting grandmab125:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)