Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dad Punches Man for Ogling His Daughter at Convenience Store

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM
  • 40 Replies

Dad Punches Man for Ogling His Daughter at Convenience Store

by Ericka Sóuter

clenched fistFamiliar with the notion of the protective Mama Bear? You know, the mom who will viciously protect her young? Well, she ain't got nothing on Papa Bear. Case in point: a dad knocked out a man for leering at his daughter in a Pennsylvania Wawa convenience store. Now police are on the hunt for him.

Apparently, the dad and his daughter walked into the store, and when he noticed the man ogling her, he didn't say a word and just hit him.

I imagine that many parents can understand the reaction. We don't want anyone to treat out children like a piece of meat or have indecent thoughts about them. It makes our blood boil. However, fact of the matter is assaulting someone is a crime -- no matter what your reason. And why didn't this dad try to confront him verbally first? Why was violence the first reaction?

The punch caused some very serious injuries, and the overprotective pop could face criminal charges. Police released the following image of the attacker in hopes of finding him:

wawa

It all seems like a bit of an overreaction. It's unclear how old his daughter is, but it's clear she isn't a small child. For better or worse, people have a right to look whether you want them to or not. They can stare, leer, even lick their chops at the sight of someone and that is perfectly within their rights.

What do you think about how this father reacted?

Images via © Blue Jean Images/Corbis and Upper Darby Police Department

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

My BIL will turn to the guy and say, "she's 14" in a gruff voice. That generally gets the point across. It probably helps that he's 6'4".

AnnieGoolaheey
by Dean's Wife on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

The guy was just looking. Papa bear overracted.  I remember my daughter and I were walking in my mom's apartment and a group of guys were looking at us.  I thought they were checking me out until we got closer and realized they were checking out my baby girl.  I felt like knocking them all out, sure and it was weird.  But she is growing up and is very pretty, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

latashac
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM

He should go to jail.

kateshac
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM
He went way too far. It's not like people can easily guess the age of a young woman, perhaps this person thought she was older.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrutalTruth
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:45 AM
My mom yelled at a group of guys in Wendy's when I was about thirteen for staring at me.
The girl looks older, he could have just done what my mom did and said "she's whatever age" loud enough to embarrass him. No need to attack him, you can't protect your daughter from a cell!
motherslove82
by Gold Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM

My mom had kept my kids for a couple of days and we met at a fast food restaurant so I could get them back. I got there first and was sitting at a table reading when I heard the two guys behind me, who were either in their late teens or early 20s, making comments about how hot some girl was and how they would like to hit that. I looked up to see who they were talking about and realized they were talking about my 11 year old daughter! I can understand wanting to hit the guy because I know I did. It was funny because as soon as she saw me she yelled "mommy!", ran over and hugged me. I said "hey, baby" and hugged her back while scowling at them as hard as I could. They got up and left quickly. LOL

PamR
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:06 AM
No reasons to punch him. He overreacted.
Radarma
by Ruby Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Totally out of line.

punky3175
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM

If they don't have the man in custody, how do they know why he knocked the guy out?

candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Put him in jail

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)