Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Oklahoma man accused of intentionally spreading HIV to women

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM
  • 25 Replies

http://newsok.com/authorities-seeking-hiv-positive-man-accused-of-having-unprotected-sex-with-women-in-oklahoma/article/5117153

So, this hits a little close to home...this man is married to an acquaintance of mine. I've met him numerous times. He and my acquaintance met in a support group for HIV positive individuals. Marty is a self admitted sex addict and has always been very open about having HIV. I, personally, am shocked to read this. What charges would you think he deserves? If it's true, I find his actions deplorable but I'm not sure to what extent we charge. HIV is no longer a death sentence so I think attempted manslaughter or murder would be a bit much.

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

If it's all true, he should be in prison. I don't know what the exact charges should be.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM
He knowingly may have passed a fatal disease to his victims. We can't assume this is not a death sentence for anyone he engaged in sex with because overall health is highly individual to every person. Let's not forget the mental anguish they will certainly suffer over the next several years.
He most certainly should be taken out of society as he has proven himself a high risk. If any of these woman, men learn they have HIV, he should be charged with manslaughter.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM
He definitely should be. They said it's been like 700 people that he hit up. 700!!!!!!

Quoting Euphoric:

If it's all true, he should be in prison. I don't know what the exact charges should be.

sophiasmommy27
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Oh my word.
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Dang!

Quoting ashellbell: He definitely should be. They said it's been like 700 people that he hit up. 700!!!!!!

Quoting Euphoric:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:20 AM
It just makes me sick to my stomach. He should be put away. The number of people he's exposed is probably way more than we could imagine. I feel so horrible for these people and for his wife. She's the nicest person, all around caring. Of course, I thought Marty was too and then this. Ugh. It's sick.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee: He knowingly may have passed a fatal disease to his victims. We can't assume this is not a death sentence for anyone he engaged in sex with because overall health is highly individual to every person. Let's not forget the mental anguish they will certainly suffer over the next several years.
He most certainly should be taken out of society as he has proven himself a high risk. If any of these woman, men learn they have HIV, he should be charged with manslaughter.
ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Right? How the hell do you find time to be married, work full time, and solicit 700 people for sex?

Quoting mrsary: Dang!

Quoting ashellbell: He definitely should be. They said it's been like 700 people that he hit up. 700!!!!!!

Quoting Euphoric:

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:23 AM
It says he tricked his ex wife too. That is horrible.

Quoting ashellbell: Right? How the hell do you find time to be married, work full time, and solicit 700 people for sex?

Quoting Euphoric:

Mommabearbergh
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:25 AM

with most of these cases they get prison time. This really is no different.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:27 AM
He's been married twice. The first one, we didn't know that he had tricked her. He's currently married to an a woman I know but she wasn't tricked. They met at a support group for people infected with HIV. She was still tricked though, just in a different way.

Quoting mrsary: It says he tricked his ex wife too. That is horrible.

Quoting ashellbell: Right? How the hell do you find time to be married, work full time, and solicit 700 people for sex?

Quoting Euphoric:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN