Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If you circumciced your son, did you know..

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:08 AM
  • 217 Replies
5 moms liked this

...that boys born after 1997 and circumcised as infants can sue under the equal protection clause.

Just saying.

by on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrutalTruth
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:09 AM
8 moms liked this
Lol
I'm anxiously awaiting that lawsuit.
heresjohnny
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:20 AM
5 moms liked this
As long as it's a legal procedure, it will NEVER happen. Kids suing parents over medical decisions is a can of worms no judge will open. There may be a few special cases where a parent was reckless or irresponsible (like the botox kid from a few years ago), but circing doesn't fit that category.
BrutalTruth
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:21 AM
Botox kid? Well that sounds...interesting.

Quoting heresjohnny: As long as it's a legal procedure, it will NEVER happen. Kids suing parents over medical decisions is a can of worms no judge will open. There may be a few special cases where a parent was reckless or irresponsible (like the botox kid from a few years ago), but circing doesn't fit that category.
heresjohnny
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Google it. It was a pageant mom who openly admitted to injecting her 8 year old daughter with botox. CPS got involved, and I believe she lost custody.

Quoting BrutalTruth: Botox kid? Well that sounds...interesting.

Quoting heresjohnny: As long as it's a legal procedure, it will NEVER happen. Kids suing parents over medical decisions is a can of worms no judge will open. There may be a few special cases where a parent was reckless or irresponsible (like the botox kid from a few years ago), but circing doesn't fit that category.
BrutalTruth
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 2:35 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow. She did it for a pageant....go figure. That is insane.

Quoting heresjohnny: Google it. It was a pageant mom who openly admitted to injecting her 8 year old daughter with botox. CPS got involved, and I believe she lost custody.

Quoting BrutalTruth: Botox kid? Well that sounds...interesting.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 3:39 AM
3 moms liked this

Considering that both my boys were done in order to correct a genetic defect, i'd like to see them try...

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this
If a man has issues because of a routine circumcision without a medical reason he should sue. Why would he have to pay for drs appointments or foreskin restoration when he didn't have a choice?
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM
Then kids could sue for any injury happening in their parent's care. When I had my son, I couldn't find a doctor who was for keeping my son intact. They were all procircumcision. I couldn't find a mother in my area who had a son that was intact. Not even the Moms who nursed 2+ years.

Quoting Healthystart30: If a man has issues because of a routine circumcision without a medical reason he should sue. Why would he have to pay for drs appointments or foreskin restoration when he didn't have a choice?
AnnieGoolaheey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Oh Lord....

Kmary
by Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Then I guess I'll cross that highly unlikely bridge if I come to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN