Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Wow... Good for these Christians...

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM
  • 59 Replies
14 moms liked this

I live in NC and Missed this but I am pleased and hope more churches take this stand.. Also if this has been posted let me know and I will delete this. 

Opponents of same-sex marriage like to play the "religious freedom" card, as if anyone is suggesting that churches be FORCED to conduct such marriages. In reality, it is they who are infringing on the religious liberties of others by pushing these outright bans on legal same-sex marriage. If a church wants to bless a legal marriage between two consenting adults -- same-sex or otherwise -- why shouldn't they be allowed? We strongly support the United Church of Christ in their fight for justice for sexual minorities.
Image by Occupy Democrats

Opponents of same-sex marriage like to play the "religious freedom" card, as if anyone is suggesting that churches be FORCED to conduct such marriages. In reality, it is they who are infringing on the religious liberties of others by pushing these outright bans on legal same-sex marriage. If a church wants to bless a legal marriage between two consenting adults -- same-sex or otherwise -- why shouldn't they be allowed? We strongly support the United Church of Christ in their fight for justice for sexual minorities.
by on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Good point. I support it.
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:22 PM
7 moms liked this

Just more proof that all Christians are not opposed to gay marriage and something I have been saying for 2 years here on CM.  Many of us -- including myself are independent voters, too.  The stereotype that all white Christians are conservative republicans is a bunch of crap manufactured and spun by the most liberal of democrats.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM
6 moms liked this

I am pretty liberal and in recent years have voted democrat. However, I know plenty of Christians who feel the same way I do.  Just very few on here.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Just more proof that all Christians are not opposed to gay marriage and something I have been saying for 2 years here on CM.  Many of us -- including myself are independent voters, too.  The stereotype that all white Christians are conservative republicans is a bunch of crap manufactured and spun by the most liberal of democrats.

VooDooB
by weird cheese on Aug. 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Yep yep yep.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

What is preventing this church from marrying same-sex couples according to their religious beliefs?  If their beleifs support same sex couples just because the state doesn't recognize same sex marriage doesn't prevent this church from practicing their beliefs.  

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:22 PM
5 moms liked this
Just as legal same sex marriage doesn't prevent any conservative Christian group from practicing their beliefs...

Quoting 12hellokitty:

What is preventing this church from marrying same-sex couples according to their religious beliefs?  If their beleifs support same sex couples just because the state doesn't recognize same sex marriage doesn't prevent this church from practicing their beliefs.  

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:23 PM
4 moms liked this

Can't have a marriage without a state issued Marriage licence and churches can sign off on those to any hetero couple they marry while they can't for SS couples. It makes perfect sense that the State is preventing this churches religious freedom to preform any marriage they want. A legal marriage requires a Marriage licence and only the state can issue them. Thus again preventing a Legal marriage.

This churches Religious belief is that EVERYONE Gay, Straight, Black, White, Yellow, Green, Red and Purple should be allowed to marry and the State is infringing on their and many others beliefs. 

I live in NC.. The state is screwed on so many levels that if might do them some good to just lift the ban and rack in the money they need. Since they have been wasting money we don't on stupid shit.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

What is preventing this church from marrying same-sex couples according to their religious beliefs?  If their beleifs (beliefs or belief's I before E except after C) support same sex couples just because the state doesn't recognize same sex marriage doesn't prevent this church from practicing their beliefs.  

LadyBugMom09
by Silver Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:28 PM
4 moms liked this
The only thing I'm against if forcing churches to perform same sex marriages based on anti discrimination laws. I've seen it happening to private busnesses that refuse to make wedding cakes, etc. If the law allows same sex couples to marry, fine. But don't make a pastor or church refusing to marry a gay couple discriminatory.
MamiJaAyla
by Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 7:50 PM

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I am pretty liberal and in recent years have voted democrat. However, I know plenty of Christians who feel the same way I do.  Just very few on here.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Good for them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN