• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He Says it All, They Work for US Why Let OUR Country Fail?

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:31 AM
  • 2 Replies
1 mom liked this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3BHujm3cpY

We are so unwilling to unite, we bitch about how things are run, but we, the people, even with our MASS numbers sit idly by, watching, complaining here and there. Doing truly nothing.. We need to start by firing congress!
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 3:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
idunno1234
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I remember this being posted a while ago.  I agree with pretty much everything he says although I wish he would have toned it down a little.  It was awkward and funny at the same time watching his coworkers faces during the rant.

The one panelist asked what I always think regarding changing the political system.....what can we do right now to change things and his reply was a bit pie in the sky.

Educating everyone on what is happening regarding our banking system and a bought congress, our incredibly corrupt political system which is for all intents and purposes an oligarchy, is a first step towards waking people up.  Until then, the choices we are offered to vote for are rarely up to us and rather up to the political machine and the money behind the political machine. 

Just writing to congress and voting people out isn't enough until we figure out a way of disentangling money from politics and I'm thinking that is an almost impossible task.   Money rules.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Didn't watch the video, they just don't play well on my computer. Agree with what the pp said. The biggest problem is getting the money out of politics and that is just not going to happen. Remember the old saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you", well unfortunatly, it's the corporations (now deemed people) along with the extremely wealthy, that "feed" the politicians the most. Really think they're going to do anything that will get those huge amounts of money out of politics? They'd be "biting the hand that feeds them" and that's not something they're going to be willing to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)