Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

There are some pretty horrific stories about horrible, abusive and criminal police officers. Their stories should be told...

BUT

So should the great and positive police officers that care about their community and go above and beyond the call of duty!

A police officer in South Carolina went above and beyond for a 13-year-old boy. The boy called police saying he was upset after fighting with his mother and that he didn't want to live there anymore. The officer who responded to the call went to the home and realized the boy didn't have a real bed. A few weeks later, the officer came back to the house with a truck full of gifts, including a TV, a Wii game system and a bed.

LIKE this post if this story touched your heart.

SEE STORY >> http://www.wsmv.com/story/25459694/police-officer-goes-above-and-beyond-for-sumter-teen

A police officer in South Carolina went above and beyond for a 13-year-old boy. The boy called police saying he was upset after fighting with his mother and tha...t he didn't want to live there anymore. The officer who responded to the call went to the home and realized the boy didn't have a real bed. A few weeks later, the officer came back to the house with a truck full of gifts, including a TV, a Wii game system and a bed.

LIKE this post if this story touched your heart.

SEE STORY >> http://www.wsmv.com/story/25459694/police-officer-goes-above-and-beyond-for-sumter-teen

by on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Replies (41-46):
nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Some   

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting nurse1997:

Cops are not bad..... Thugs make them have to take it to another level and unfortunately they haven't caught on yet that they always win !

You truly believe there are no bad cops?

preacherskid
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

About seven years ago, I was a bridesmaid for my cousin's wedding.  Wg live in a rural area, so we had our hair done in one town then had a thirty to forty five minute drive to where her house was to get dressed.  I was driving my parents' car, which had a loose hood latch due to a fender bender.  On the way the wind caught the hood, flipped it up, and slammed it into the windshield.  I made it to the left side of the road (two lanes going in the same direction) and called my cousin to let her know what happened.  She came to meet me, and while we were waiting for a friend of hers to come two the car a highway patrol officer came up behind us.  He wanted to know if we could move to the other side of the road, and tried to get the hood down so I would be able to see to move the car.  When that didn't work, he parked behind us with his lights on until the guys came to move the car.  He saved us worrying about a semi coming up behind us and not moving over-the shoulder on that side of the road was narrow, so the car was partly in and partly out of the traffic Lane.

SueSahara
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:53 PM
But apparently in your small minded world all people murdered by cops are thugs smh ok

Quoting nurse1997:

Some   

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting nurse1997:

Cops are not bad..... Thugs make them have to take it to another level and unfortunately they haven't caught on yet that they always win !

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 4:57 PM

OMG you reminded me of when I was 18 or 19 and my now hubby then boyfriends car broke down at a light right before an intersection...and it was around a bend so it could be a dangerous turn if they didn't see us stopped in time

A cop came and laughed when my husband told him not only did it stall but I locked the keys in the car!

He stayed behind us so we didn't get hit until the tow came

and he laughed and made just at my expense most of the time! lol

Quoting preacherskid:

About seven years ago, I was a bridesmaid for my cousin's wedding.  Wg live in a rural area, so we had our hair done in one town then had a thirty to forty five minute drive to where her house was to get dressed.  I was driving my parents' car, which had a loose hood latch due to a fender bender.  On the way the wind caught the hood, flipped it up, and slammed it into the windshield.  I made it to the left side of the road (two lanes going in the same direction) and called my cousin to let her know what happened.  She came to meet me, and while we were waiting for a friend of hers to come two the car a highway patrol officer came up behind us.  He wanted to know if we could move to the other side of the road, and tried to get the hood down so I would be able to see to move the car.  When that didn't work, he parked behind us with his lights on until the guys came to move the car.  He saved us worrying about a semi coming up behind us and not moving over-the shoulder on that side of the road was narrow, so the car was partly in and partly out of the traffic Lane.

nurse1997
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:00 PM

My husband is a swat team officer and yes people are animals from all the stories I hear !

Quoting SueSahara: But apparently in your small minded world all people murdered by cops are thugs smh ok
Quoting nurse1997:

Some   

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting nurse1997:

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Personally I've met nothing but good cops. I'm sure there are some out there, though I believe that the good vastly outweigh the bad. It's just that the bad get more press and attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN