Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

And if you think the "riots" were unprovoked

Posted by   + Show Post
Police Officer Caught On Video Calling Michael Brown Protesters 'F***ing Animals'

The tension in a St. Louis suburb following the shooting of an unarmed African-American teenager by a police officer was thrown into stark relief Sunday night in a video captured by CNN of a police officer yelling a derogatory phrase at protesters.

"Bring it, all you fucking animals! Bring it!" the officer said in the exchange.

Does this attitude of the officer change or influence how you read the reaction of people?

Was he justified to use this language?

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5672163

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Replies (211-213):
JanuaryBaby06
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 10:17 PM

EarlGrayHot
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:05 AM

No, looting and vandalism and throwing things like rocks and molotov cocktails is NEVER acceptable, no matter what has happened.  There is no excuse and no, those committing violence are just looking for a chance to steal things.  It has nothing to do with social justice.  In this instance the police have not only the right but the duty to control the offenders and protect property owners and other citizens from harm.  The minute the rioting began they should have moved in and put a stop to it; they waited too long as I understand it.  Of course, this is another issue really from the initial problem caused by the altercation between Michael Brown and the police officer.

I also applaud the officer for asking them to move out of the middle of the street which is dangerous; I hate it when people (here lots of incoming freshman) do that.  But, after that, it's very unclear how the escalation happened and if the kids did as requested then there was no excuse for shooting him.  What we still are clear on is whether Brown was walking away from  or charging at the officer.  I want to see some video tapes that will show us what happened at that point.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Destroying your own town is always stupid.  Self-defeating and stupid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN