Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Officer Darren Wilson: Photo Of Mike Brown's Killer Surfaces

Posted by   + Show Post

Officer Darren Wilson: Photo Of Mike Brown's Killer Surfaces

Aug 16, 2014
By NewsOne Staff  328

darren-wilson

Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, 28, received an award for "extraordinary effort in the line of duty" months before he gunned down unarmed teenager Mike Brown and left him in the street for 4 hours last Saturday, reports Yahoo News.

Wilson's father, John Wilson, posted how proud he was of his son on Facebook:

"Very proud of my son, Darren Wilson on his receiving a Commendation from his Police Department," John Wilson wrote on February 11. "Congratulations Son."

Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson released Wilson's name during a press conference on Friday after 5 days of refusing to do so.

When reporters tried to contact Wilson, it was revealed that he and his family had "left town days ago."

Yahoo News reports:

Four days ago John Wilson turned to Facebook for support without mentioning his son by name.

"Dear FB friends, Our family is in need for prayers to be sent up for a family member," John Wilson wrote. "Circumstances do not allow for us to say anything further. Please pray with our family in mind. Put a covering of protection over our family member please."

A woman who replied in the comment thread told John that she could put him in touch with someone that "has been through many difficult times with his children. Prayers are what brought the family through the rough times. We are just a phone call away."

John Wilson thanked his many friends who were quick to offer encouragement.

"Please continue to do so as we deal with a family situation that is very challenging," he wrote.

In his last post this week, John Wilson shared a saying from a Texas evangelical pastor: "When something is ‘out of control' it is merely out of your control - not God's!"

The Ferguson police department has done it's best to paint Brown as the aggressor, describing Wilson as a "gentle" man and an "excellent" police officer who is "devastated" about killing Brown.

But he wasn't too devastated to stand over him and gun him down while the unarmed teen held his hands in the air.

The FBI is currently conducting an investigation, while the citizens of Ferguson continue to protest Brown's brutal slaying.

by on Aug. 16, 2014 at 11:13 PM
Replies (111-120):
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 7:42 PM
Who said she is posting FB pics of him?

Quoting supermonstermom:

Quoting sweet-a-kins: His mom was a com artist who befriended her neighbors then stole their identities and stole hundreds of thousands

And did no jail time

Nice

Never mind.. it is a tabloid article.

The acticle also said his mother died, so I wonder how she is posting photos of him on facebook.  hmmm...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D-Town
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Am I the only one wondering why, if the police in ferguson were so itchy to kill blacks, are we not hearing about more shootings during the riots? I mean if they really want to kill blacks it's the perfect opportunity.
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:26 PM

This man's life will never be the same.  Forget the fact he shot someone 8 times, other people will make sure he never has a moments peace.

RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:51 PM
How lame.

Quoting jcrew6:

It was a cheap shot in jest. 

Quoting Raintree: Stupid.

I'm always confused by the need to say things like this. Besides the fact that the simplest recipes are often the easiest to screw up, we really have no idea of your baking prowess.

I'm a baker and I have occasional mishaps. Still.

Quoting jcrew6:

LOL.  Not many people can fuck up a snickerdoodle, but I bet she could. 

Quoting Carpy: I would. A snicker doodle, please.

Quoting RandRMomma: Ok. Would you like a damn cookie or something?!

Quoting jcrew6:

OK.  I will take the current AP news releases over the shit you choose to read on the internet.  

Quoting RandRMomma: From articles over the internet. Like I said, Google it.

Yes, I saw your comment. I ignored you. I'm not looking anything up for you. Other moms have said the same thing I've said. Why not ask them?

Quoting jcrew6:

Psst.  Did you see my comment, "The AP said the police fired his weapon multiple times.  But nothing of Brown's body being shot 8 times. "

So, where are YOU getting that Brown's bod had 8 bullet wounds? 

Quoting RandRMomma: 

RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM
They can't do it now while the country is watching them. That'd be really bad, and wouldn't fit their "Brown is responsible for his death" narrative.

Quoting D-Town: Am I the only one wondering why, if the police in ferguson were so itchy to kill blacks, are we not hearing about more shootings during the riots? I mean if they really want to kill blacks it's the perfect opportunity.
RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 17, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Oh burn!!!

You're such an internet badass.

Not!

Quoting jcrew6:

I asked you for a  , factual statement from authorities that Brown was shot 8 times.

You said google it.  I stated the AP, Reuters, and NPR said nothing of factual evidence of Brown being shot 8 times and accused you of relying on shitty news since those 3 said nothing of your claim.

So, if you chalk that up to "assuming"..  Have at it. It doesn't bother me.

I think you may be ASSUMING he was shot 8 times without all of the facts. ;)

Quoting RandRMomma: So, you can't answer my question about your ASSumptions, but you can deflect. I guess your brain isn't capable of doing more than one thing at once. Go figure.

Quoting jcrew6:

If you are believing what you claim to be 

"all over the news" as fact

and telling me to 

Google it. " 

Only to find the AP... HELL, Even NPR, Reuters say NOTHING of Brown's body being hit 8 times... They only say reports of the officer firing his weapon multiple times~ and possible witness accounts of Brown being shot multiple times.  But NO factual statement from authorities that Brown was shot 8 times...

Were you ASSuming he was shot 8 times because you are starting to believe the speculation? Are you having a problem separating speculation from factual statements? Or, are you relying on shitty news sources that are spreading speculation and allegations as fact? Gosh, it could be a number of things with you, huh? 

Quoting RandRMomma: There is no god. :)

My taste in news sources? What would that be? What ASSumption have you come up with now?

Quoting jcrew6:

Not from you. God only knows the source of your cookies.If your taste in news sources is anything to judge your taste in cookies.  Hell no. But thanks for asking. 

Quoting RandRMomma: Ok. Would you like a damn cookie or something?!

Quoting jcrew6:

OK.  I will take the current AP news releases over the shit you choose to read on the internet.  

Quoting RandRMomma: From articles over the internet. Like I said, Google it.

Yes, I saw your comment. I ignored you. I'm not looking anything up for you. Other moms have said the same thing I've said. Why not ask them?

Quoting jcrew6:

Psst.  Did you see my comment, "The AP said the police fired his weapon multiple times.  But nothing of Brown's body being shot 8 times. "

So, where are YOU getting that Brown's bod had 8 bullet wounds? 

Quoting RandRMomma: 

D-Town
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Why not? There are videos of people attacking police officers. Some with weapons. From some of the videos I've seen there would be plenty of justified shootings.

Quoting RandRMomma: They can't do it now while the country is watching them. That'd be really bad, and wouldn't fit their "Brown is responsible for his death" narrative.

Quoting D-Town: Am I the only one wondering why, if the police in ferguson were so itchy to kill blacks, are we not hearing about more shootings during the riots? I mean if they really want to kill blacks it's the perfect opportunity.
RandRMomma
by Maya on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Because they're being watched. It wouldn't matter if they thought the shootings were "justifiable" or not.

Quoting D-Town: Why not? There are videos of people attacking police officers. Some with weapons. From some of the videos I've seen there would be plenty of justified shootings.

Quoting RandRMomma: They can't do it now while the country is watching them. That'd be really bad, and wouldn't fit their "Brown is responsible for his death" narrative.

snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:06 PM
Are you saying that "they" have a history of shooting people? I don't quite know who "they" are

Quoting RandRMomma: Because they're being watched. It wouldn't matter if they thought the shootings were "justifiable" or not.

Quoting D-Town: Why not? There are videos of people attacking police officers. Some with weapons. From some of the videos I've seen there would be plenty of justified shootings.

D-Town
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM

Why would it not matter? With all the video out there of people attacking police with weapons you don't think that if one of those officers being attacked, with a weapon, shot his attacker that it wouldn't be deemed a justified shooting? Even during a riot, if you attack someone with a weapon, you can still be shot. 

Quoting RandRMomma: Because they're being watched. It wouldn't matter if they thought the shootings were "justifiable" or not.

If cold beer and pizza can't fix your problem, ask yourself if it's a problem that really needs fixed.

- Bill Murray
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN