Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Jesse Jackson: Don't hate him because he's beautiful.

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:56 PM
  • 302 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been up close and personal.  He's beautiful.  I've seen how much he really cares about people, ALL people.

Two people replying to another post trashed him.  White people love to trash him.  Know why?  Because he gets black people active in resolving community and social issues.  If you want a group of people to be helpless and direction-less, kill their leaders with guns, bombs, or words.

One of people who trash-talked him said she saw a picture of a Ferguson resident refusing his hand.  I'm here to tell you that would never happen.  It may have looked that way to her (wishful thinking) but I'd challenge her to post that pic.

Here's what I wrote to her including a video I found (small edits made):

The citizens of Ferguson are honking their horns and dancing in the streets and signifying to the words the Reverend is saying because Rev. Jackson is there for them.

As usual the Faux reporter tried to bait him into saying things white Americans hate to hear black people saying but he's too savvy for that.  When the interviewer asked why the Reverend doesn't do this in Chicago I almost laughed because he most certainly does.  I remembered someone else in another post saying the people who ask this don't really care whether black people are being killed and I could see this reporter doesn't either.  What she was really saying is, "Why don't you get on other black people the way you always get on white people?"  They try very hard to discredit Jesse Jackson by making it seem he only cares about denouncing white people.  That reporter's job was to perpetuate the idea he hates white people.

The Reverend goes where people call him.  He seldom just shows up, he has to have someone host him.  He needs someone to fill him in on the details and needs someone to be his guide to the city.  If they don't pay his expenses to get there and stay there, it makes sense to ask for donations or the man and his family would starve to death  while he goes broke flying to and paying for lodging everyplace he goes when called.  Usually it is churches or black civic organizations that call him to ask for adivce and help getting organized.  The press finds out and asks for interviews.  Then they slam him.  He does not seek the press,  they seek him.  

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Don't him...what?

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 2:58 PM
1 mom liked this
"Jesse Jackson Don't him because he's beautiful."
Makes no Sense

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Both of you could have said, "You forgot the word hate," because you both knew what word was missing but thanks for the heads up.

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:04 PM
9 moms liked this
Jessie Jackson needs racism to thrive to earn a paycheck.

There is no evidence to date that this cop shot Michael Brown because he was black.

Jesse Jackson encouraged people to come from all over and riot Missouri.
jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I just responded to you the way others do on CM. Not really a big deal. But we could play mad Libs and have filled in the blank for you. Perhaps next time...

Quoting JonJon:

Both of you could have said, "You forgot the word hate," because you both knew what word was missing but thanks for the heads up.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:15 PM
12 moms liked this

I don't care for the man myself.  I don't think he has others' best interests at heart and is an attention seeker.

***shrugs***

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Quoting jcrew6: Jessie Jackson needs racism to thrive to earn a paycheck. There is no evidence to date that this cop shot Michael Brown because he was black. Jesse Jackson encouraged people to come from all over and riot Missouri.

Yes, that's what the hate-mongers like to say.  Where do the paychecks come from?  Jesse Jackson could hit the lecture circuit and make a mint but he goes where he is called in service to his international admirers.  He sure looks rich, wearing outdated clothes, doesn't he?

When the reporter asked if he believed the shooting was race-related he said he didn't know.  They ALWAYS ask him that, then run back saying what he does is about race to turn off white people who don't want anything to be about race.  Didn't you watch the video?  

No one said evidence exists the cop who killed Michael Brown is a racist.  Not yet.  I wonder if people will come forth will all the times he's been unprofessional and inappropriate?

Please post links to Jesse Jackson saying what you've just said he said and also, could you post a link to the pick of someone in Ferguson refusing to shake his hand?  Thanks ever so much.

ilovecandy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM

This. Do I hate him? No. I don't care for him. hate and not caring for someone is very different.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I don't care for the man myself.  I don't think he has others' best interests at heart and is an attention seeker.

***shrugs***

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:22 PM
9 moms liked this

This is funny. You're challenging me, I assume?

I don't hate him. I don't hate anyone. And I didn't "trash talk" him. I said that I thought him asking the protesters for donations towards his chruch during the Ferguson hooplah is tastless. I stand by it. If anything, he should be giving THEM money. Water, food. Donations to Brown's family to go towards the funeral perhaps? Completely classless to ask the already very emotional crowd for money.

As far as it being true or not, I'll agree with you there. The article that popped up in my newsfeed could very well be yet another biased spin to meet a particular agenda. Just the way the everything has been spun and threaded about all this.

So, JonJon. You've been around for....what, less than a week now after what I gather was a very long hiatus? What made you suddenly decide to come back and begin posting with a vengeance - on nothing but race? Are you just here because you knew this board would be on edge with high emotions because of the Brown case? You just here to take advantage of the situation and race bait?

Because that's all I've seen from you this last week. 

nelliesmommy
by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 3:23 PM
9 moms liked this
I agree and Al sharpton also.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

***shrugs***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN