Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

BREAKING: ISIS Beheads US Journalist in Latest Video Message to America

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM
  • 57 Replies
1 mom liked this

James Foley, a 39-year-old Boston reporter, was kidnapped and held by pro-Gaddafi forces for six weeks in Libya last year. He was then kidnapped again by an unidentified gunman in Syria. It is now apparent that the latest kidnapping was done by ISIS militants, as the reporter has now surfaced in their latest “message to America” video.

In the video, James Foley is shown on his knees, pleading for his brother and for Americans to stop bombing Iraq. After he is done speaking, the unnamed ISIS militant delivers his speech which is spoken in a British accent directly to President Obama.

[WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC]

Transcript:

Follow Us On Pinterest

“This is James Wright Foley, an American citizen of your country. As a government, you have been at the forefront of the aggression towards the Islamic State. You have plotted against us and gone far out of your way to interfere with our affairs. Today, your military Air Force is attacking us daily in Iraq. Your strikes have caused casualties amongst Muslims. You are no longer fighting an insurgency. We are an Islamic army; an estate which has been accepted by a large number of Muslims world-wide. So effectively, any aggression towards the Islamic state is an aggression towards Muslims from all walks of life who have accepted the Islamic Caliphate as their leadership. So any attempt by you Obama, to deny the Muslims their rights of living in safety under the Islamic Caliphate will result in the bloodshed of your people.”

After the ISIS militant beheads James Foley, another kidnapped reporter, Steven Joel Sotloff, is shown in the video on his knees.

The militant continues with his message:

“The life of this American citizen, Obama, depends on your next decision.”

Now that Obama is back from his vacation, it looks like he will now be forced to act like a president and make some decisions. Limited air strikes at this point is just poking the hornet’s nest and making things worse…we need to obliterate these barbarians. ISIS is not going away and playing golf and ignoring the situation is going to get even more Americans killed.

http://madworldnews.com/isis-beheads-us-journalist/

by on Aug. 19, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:31 PM
How do you propose we find the barbarians? They aren't going to all be huddled in one place so we can wipe everyone out at once.
VooDooB
by weird cheese on Aug. 19, 2014 at 7:48 PM
5 moms liked this

I just feel that I need to point out, that Obama is not actually back from vacation. He took a short "vacation break" yesterday to address the nation on Iraq & Ferguson. Then he took a $8million (or about that) black hawk helicopter ride back to Martha's Vinyard. He's off until next weekend.

As for the the topic. Horrible. Disgusting. This ISIS group is evil.  I feel so bad for this man's family.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Have you watched the video?
I dont think its him.
1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

We just found out today a young man from our community is kidnapped. No one is considering or mentioning that Obama would try to find him... everyone knows that will not happen. The family is just asking for prayer's but we all know the reality.

Mommy51408
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 10:50 PM
These people are monsters. :(
pvtjokerus
by Platinum Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Very sad.  But I can imagine that this is only the beginning.

StarburstKisses
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

We just found out today a young man from our community is kidnapped. No one is considering or mentioning that Obama would try to find him... everyone knows that will not happen. The family is just asking for prayer's but we all know the reality.

The reality of what? I'm not sure if you're saying he was kidnapped by ISIS, muslim extremeists, or if the United States government had a hand in said kidnapping?

1stmuslimah
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:20 PM

ISIS kidnapped him, other than that there are very little detail's. His family does not even have any detail's other than they have kidnapped him and he is missing. If you don't get what the "reality" is by now I don't have time to waste explaining it. I think it's pretty clear you just need to pick about something and I'm not interested.

Quoting StarburstKisses:

Quoting 1stmuslimah:

The reality of what? I'm not sure if you're saying he was kidnapped by ISIS, muslim extremeists, or if the United States government had a hand in said kidnapping?

Kaya529
by Silver Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Wait a minute, this journalist was kidnapped, freed, then kidnapped again? I feel horrible about what happened to him but I kind of think he was not be very good at thinking things through. Pretty sure I would have got the hell out of dodge when I was lucky enough to get out of being killed during the first kidnapping. Did he think he had a 4 leaf clover growing out of his ass or something?

Also, presidents don't really get vacations, just a change of scenery.
mishamama
by Member on Aug. 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM
How horrible :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)