Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How stupid do people have to be?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:10 AM
  • 52 Replies
8 moms liked this
Simple facts of the Ferguson shooting.

1) A man, not a black man, white man, yellow man or polka dot man; a man is dead. A human being was filled with 6 bullets. That is more than most soldiers are hit with in an average ambush!

2) The police officer responsible for the safety of a community fired that excessive amount of rounds! That is police brutality, breech of trust and an act of tyranny!

3) This human being, shot to death less than a month ago, is being shamelessly used as a bargaining chip in the disgusting and animalistic prejudices of people who want to hate another human based on the color of his skin. These people are an embarrassment to the human species. I am surprised animals aren't hiding in shame for sharing the same genus identifier as these disgusting excuses for humans.

4) This is the perfect time to save our young men! Especially the black and brown men because, let's face it, they are victims to police brutality far more often than our white boys and men are.

5) As an entire nation we have to say No to the stupidity lurking in our brains and stand up against this inept, aggressive and egotistical man who betrayed his own people. The police officer MUST be charged for this heinous crime and if some miracle can prove that he followed protocol then he must be stripped of his uniform, badge and weapon for his inability to send his forefinger the simple message of "release trigger." Unless of course the idiotic and racist morons of this country want to be the next citizens threatened, abused and riddled with bullets and will stand with the murder of an American as an accepted police protocol.

If we are willing sink into racism, race baiting, murder, hate crimes, prejudice, anger, loathing and sheer ineptitude can someone please hand me the Constitution? I can rip it up for toilet paper strips since the nation's idiots don't seem to want it anymore. Ignorant savages. I'm glad our forefathers, our ancestors and our deceased veterans can't see all of us. I would die of shame.
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SavvyMommy2
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:16 AM
4 moms liked this
Oh, and don't think that they won't be shooting anyone they want or that they wouldn't dare commit a hate crime from fear of retribution. Police officers are rarely charged for crimes they commit, even when that crime ends in an arrest. A surprising number of law enforcement officers are violent people who have been known to engage in acts of rape, assault and domestic violence.
joyfree
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:52 AM
7 moms liked this

Yes, I agree with this. Police officers, it seems are not immune to having a rotten egg or two in their ranks.

I'm so tired of the victim-shaming. Yeah, he was a kid, not always a good kid, but STILL a KID! He did not deserve to be shot like a rabid dog, even IF he had just come from an unarmed robbery.

So many victims of officer panic/misconduct dead before their time. So many tears from grieving family members. And SO MANY police who are allowed to get away with murder!

Officers should be required to wear an on-person video camera at all times when they are on duty. Here are some numbers showing their effectiveness:

"The police department in Rialto, Calif., put cameras on a group of officers and saw the number of citizen complaints filed drop by 88 percent — and more importantly, use of force declined by 59 percent. "

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/cop-watch-who-benefits-when-law-enforcement-gets-body-cams-f6C10911746

SavvyMommy2
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I love the idea of deterrents vs. A reactionary and emotional response after a death has already occured. The cost is nothing when compared to a human life.

Quoting joyfree:

Yes, I agree with this. Police officers, it seems are not immune to having a rotten egg or two in their ranks.

I'm so tired of the victim-shaming. Yeah, he was a kid, not always a good kid, but STILL a KID! He did not deserve to be shot like a rabid dog, even IF he had just come from an unarmed robbery.

So many victims of officer panic/misconduct dead before their time. So many tears from grieving family members. And SO MANY police who are allowed to get away with murder.

Officers should be required to wear an on-person vider camera at all times when they are on duty. Here are some numbers showing their effectiveness:

"The police department in Rialto, Calif., put cameras on a group of officers and saw the number of citizen complaints filed drop by 88 percent — and more importantly, use of force declined by 59 percent. "

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/cop-watch-who-benefits-when-law-enforcement-gets-body-cams-f6C10911746

joyfree
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:05 AM

bump

MrsHMS
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:29 AM
Please tell me how old a Michael Brown was at what the age of adult is in the state of Missouri.

Quoting joyfree:

So many victims of officer panic/misconduct dead before their time. So many tears from grieving family members. And SO MANY police who are allowed to get away with murder!

Officers should be required to wear an on-person video camera at all times when they are on duty. Here are some numbers showing their effectiveness:

MrsHMS
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:38 AM
3 moms liked this
What if the officers life is in danger? Can't they defend them selves? Who on earth would sign up for the police and go into the most dangerous situations if they didn't have firearms to ensure they go home to their families? Is killing an attacker justified? Or should they expect to take a beating on a weekly basis?

Many people would argue Michael acted like a barbarian toward that smaller shopkeeper.
If it is shown that the officer was attacked, he needs to be paid. I hope he sues the kids parents for pain an suffering to his eye.
Karmahappens
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 5:07 AM
9 moms liked this

Michael Brown was 18 years old. If instead of being shot he had killed the police officer he would be facing either the death penelty or a life in prision with no possability of parole.

He was old enough to vote, sign contracts and face Adult penalties for crimes.

He had just committed the crime of strong arm robbery.  IF the forensics prove that he was attacking the officer and the officer only shot to save his own life-why should the officer lose his job?

The first 4 shots were NOT fatal and were, indeed shots to the arm....the final 2 were fatal.

6 shots is not excessive. It isn't like he emptied an entire clip into him....he had 7 bullets left.

I wonder how many times YOU would shoot at a 6'4 300 pund man who had punched you in the face and was coming at you? Once? Twice?  I hope you have a pre-paid funeral plan in that case.

The officer had a choice-be tried by 12 or carried by 6.

JustCJ
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:16 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting SavvyMommy2: Simple facts of the Ferguson shooting. 1) A man, not a black man, white man, yellow man or polka dot man; a man is dead. A human being was filled with 6 bullets. That is more than most soldiers are hit with in an average ambush! Exactly Who made this about race again? You're a direct contradiction, when you imply that this was racially motivated (see #3) and  make this statement. 
2) The police officer responsible for the safety of a community fired that excessive amount of rounds! That is police brutality, breech of trust and an act of tyranny! Pretty sure the officer followed protocol, and the EVIDENCE is all beginning to back his story, such as his injuries....holes in 'witnesses' testimony's etc. 
3) This human being, shot to death less than a month ago, is being shamelessly used as a bargaining chip in the disgusting and animalistic prejudices of people who want to hate another human based on the color of his skin (get help, you see every white person this way). These people are an embarrassment to the human species. I am surprised animals aren't hiding in shame for sharing the same genus identifier as these disgusting excuses for humans. It is exceptionally clear where the real prejudice is...Speaking of embarrassment to human species, looting, destroying property, throwing piss on people, robbing, cursing out, and disrespecting authority is nothing less than the VERY description of animalistic behavior.
4) This is the perfect time to save our young men! Especially the black and brown men because, let's face it, they are victims to police brutality far more often than our white boys and men are. Shouldn't we be responsible for ourselves? Ya know, take initiative, and the 'hand ups' to better ourselves? Just a thought.
5) As an entire nation we have to say No to the stupidity lurking in our brains and stand up against this inept, aggressive and egotistical man who betrayed his own people. The police officer MUST be charged for this heinous crime and if some miracle can prove that he followed protocol then he must be stripped of his uniform, badge and weapon for his inability to send his forefinger the simple message of "release trigger." Unless of course the idiotic and racist morons of this country want to be the next citizens threatened, abused and riddled with bullets and will stand with the murder of an American as an accepted police protocol. If we are willing sink into racism, race baiting, murder, hate crimes, prejudice, anger, loathing and sheer ineptitude can someone please hand me the Constitution?  I can rip it up for toilet paper strips since the nation's idiots don't seem to want it anymore. Ignorant savages. I'm glad our forefathers, our ancestors and our deceased veterans can't see all of us. I would die of shame. Thanks...you said it for me SAK. Now I think it's best you let the 'sane' folks have the conversations on this matter from now on.I'm really concerned for your state of mental health.

joyfree
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I think that you're asking me how old Michael Brown was when he was killed and the age a person is considered an adult.

Of course, the answer is 18. To ME, that is still a kid. 

According to MIT(http://hrweb.mit.edu/worklife/youngadult/brain.html) the human brain does not reach full maturity until at least the mid 20's.

In the UK, (http://phys.org/news/2010-12-brain-fully-mature-30s-40s.html), studies reported that brain scans show that the prefrontal cortex can take until someone is in their late 40's!!

At any rate, it often takes quite a while before the brain catches up with the rest of the body.

Quoting MrsHMS: Please tell me how old a Michael Brown was at what the age of adult is in the state of Missouri.
Quoting joyfree:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:41 AM
John Oliver did a great breakdown of Ferguson on his new HBO show.

I agree with the cameras on police.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN