Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

But cops don't overreact, right????

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/04/11/tosho-production-assistant-accidentally-killed-by-police/

So, what's the excuse for the cops in this situation? Or is it outrageous because the boys weren't dressed in saggy clothes? Or is it their own fault for trying not to be murdered?

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffyhamm
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM
3 moms liked this

Wtf is going on?!  Why the hell are we shooting at people who are fleeing?  I'm done with this...it's getting out of control.  His poor family, to know that he was trying to escape one horrific situation with a mad man with a knife only to be gunned down by the police.  Why are they shooting at both of them when one is being chased by the other?  

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Exactly!! Both the men had been attacked, only to run out for the lives to be gunned down by officers. This reaction is not an acceptable one. We need to start teaching officers methods of non lethal measures to take down what they preceive as dangerous people.

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Wtf is going on?!  Why the hell are we shooting at people who are fleeing?  I'm done with this...it's getting out of control.  His poor family, to know that he was trying to escape one horrific situation with a mad man with a knife only to be gunned down by the police.  Why are they shooting at both of them when one is being chased by the other?  

survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I read this, its very upsetting.  

tiffyhamm
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Quoting ashellbell:

Exactly!! Both the men had been attacked, only to run out for the lives to be gunned down by officers. This reaction is not an acceptable one. We need to start teaching officers methods of non lethal measures to take down what they preceive as dangerous people.

Quoting tiffyhamm:

Yes.  I'm concerned with shooting at people fleeing or with their backs turned to them too.  It seems to be happening more, not with just law enforcement but with us common folk as well.  That is crazy to me. 

numbr1wmn
by Nikki on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:23 AM

This was a horrible accident.  No one ever said mistakes don't happen.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I hope the family of that man gets compensated to the fullest and the officers get charged. They won't but they should.

Quoting survivorinohio:

GLWerth
by Gina on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Cops, it seems, are so afraid of everyone that they feel the need to shoot first.

I guess they figure if they kill everyone, 'god will sort them out later'.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM
5 moms liked this

Accident? No, this was a preventable tragedy. If cops were properly trained and didn't rush off to use a gun every fucking chance they get, this guy would be alive. If they thought a mad man was trying to murder this guy...why in the hell would they shoot at both of them??? Imcompetency. There is no excuse. This wasn't an "OOPSIE" someone lost their fucking life because of incompetency.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

This was a horrible accident.  No one ever said mistakes don't happen.

GLWerth
by Gina on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I'm sure they'll come up with something the guy should have done to avoid being shot to death...or the usual argument, of if you didn't do anything wrong, you shouldn't run from police, even if stopping will get you stabbed to death by an actual criminal.

Quoting ashellbell:

I hope the family of that man gets compensated to the fullest and the officers get charged. They won't but they should.

Quoting survivorinohio:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM
3 moms liked this

They'll have to come up with something, since the guy is white I'm sure they won't try and dig up any shady shit he's done in the past.

Quoting GLWerth:

I'm sure they'll come up with something the guy should have done to avoid being shot to death...or the usual argument, of if you didn't do anything wrong, you shouldn't run from police, even if stopping will get you stabbed to death by an actual criminal.

Quoting ashellbell:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)