Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A different perspective on Michael Brown-- Video

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:41 PM
  • 60 Replies
Does this man's opinion matter?? Does it matter because he disagree with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and the media??
Does he make valid points??
The only part I cringed at is when he refered to planet of the apes.
Please watch mos of the video to honestly debate.

I would like everyone's opinion.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10204325511367677&id=1526101682
by on Aug. 23, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't think I can watch that given your synopsis.  Sorry

chotovec82
by Silver Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I think he has some very valid points and I respect him for telling people how he sees it; especially since his feelings are very frown upon. He's probably called an Uncle Tom and he does receive death threats.
Iconoclast
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Quoting snookyfritz:

billsfan1104
by Jules on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:20 PM
Why?? Did you even attempt to watch the video and listen to his opinion??
Do you know it's a black man who makes very valid points?? Points that should be debated and talked about??

Quoting snookyfritz:

billsfan1104
by Jules on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:22 PM
Thank you for taking time out to watch the video and actually form an opinion on it.
I appreciate it.

Quoting chotovec82: I think he has some very valid points and I respect him for telling people how he sees it; especially since his feelings are very frown upon. He's probably called an Uncle Tom and he does receive death threats.
Iconoclast
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 9:59 PM
9 moms liked this
I'm sure his opinion matters to him and it definitely matters to the media because it fuels the fire they hope to get rich off of. To the big picture no his beliefs don't matter and neither do mine, yours, Sharpton's or anyone else's. That kid will still be dead, that mother will have lost her son, it will still be a tragedy that a life is so easily taken and not important enough to investigate properly. The police force didn't think anyone would care about another dead kid and they were wrong.
Iconoclast
by Gold Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Did his being a black man make his points more valid?

Quoting billsfan1104: Why?? Did you even attempt to watch the video and listen to his opinion??
Do you know it's a black man who makes very valid points?? Points that should be debated and talked about??

Quoting snookyfritz:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 23, 2014 at 10:29 PM
10 moms liked this
You can have 1,000 black men who tell you they've been mistreated by the police or their community and no one bats an eye. One black man said he's never experienced it and it must not exist, a lot of white people (especially those who deny racial bias) have a new black best friend.

Quoting Iconoclast: Did his being a black man make his points more valid?

Quoting billsfan1104: Why?? Did you even attempt to watch the video and listen to his opinion??

Quoting snookyfritz:

billsfan1104
by Jules on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM
Nope. Just that he has gone against what others think. He has a different opinion than most other have in the black community.
And yet, his voice is not being heard

Quoting snookyfritz:

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 23, 2014 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

bouncing

Quoting ashellbell: You can have 1,000 black men who tell you they've been mistreated by the police or their community and no one bats an eye. One black man said he's never experienced it and it must not exist, a lot of white people (especially those who deny racial bias) have a new black best friend.
Quoting billsfan1104: Why?? Did you even attempt to watch the video and listen to his opinion?? Do you know it's a black man who makes very valid points?? Points that should be debated and talked about??
Quoting snookyfritz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)