Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Dream House: City, Country or 'Burbs?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:17 PM
  • 83 Replies
Off the top of your head, if you could live anywhere at all, would you choose life in a big city, a place in the country, or a great home in the 'burbs? Describe.
by on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Mountains/country.  Far far away from neighbors.  

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:22 PM
While the boys are still home with us I want to stay in the suburbs. After they fly the coop, who knows? But we'll probably stay in the 'burbs then, too. We're so not country and I need more space than you can typically get in a city.
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:25 PM

I'm not generally country either, I'm just tired of having neighbors who make crappy decisions.  

This house would be the perfect balance.  acres of property, amazing viewn in one of the most beautiful areas of the country, and a tall fence to keep people out.  

Quoting LauraKW: While the boys are still home with us I want to stay in the suburbs. After they fly the coop, who knows? But we'll probably stay in the 'burbs then, too. We're so not country and I need more space than you can typically get in a city.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:25 PM
I actually considered mountains. I grew up in the country with no neighbors, very rural Oklahoma. Hated it! I think I would do better with mountains but I need to be fairly close to Starbucks. And a mall.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:25 PM

Country.

Not too far out but far enough away that you have no neighbor for at least a few miles. 

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I just need less people, but I couldn't live in Oklahoma, ever.  

Quoting LauraKW: I actually considered mountains. I grew up in the country with no neighbors, very rural Oklahoma. Hated it! I think I would do better with mountains but I need to be fairly close to Starbucks. And a mall.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I like the city or the country. 

The burb's can stuff it. 

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this
A flat in NYC and a house in BFE ;)

If I had to choose one, I'd go for the flat. I think its important to have access to educational opportunity cities and culture.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM
Lovely. Did you design that?

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I'm not generally country either, I'm just tired of having neighbors who make crappy decisions.  

This house would be the perfect balance.  acres of property, amazing viewn in one of the most beautiful areas of the country, and a tall fence to keep people out.  

Quoting LauraKW: While the boys are still home with us I want to stay in the suburbs. After they fly the coop, who knows? But we'll probably stay in the 'burbs then, too. We're so not country and I need more space than you can typically get in a city.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Aug. 24, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

no, that's a real house in Idaho.  

big fence

Quoting LauraKW: Lovely. Did you design that?
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN