Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Oh...HELL NO!!!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:49 AM
  • 35 Replies
Here's the link for pic and video.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/176489/burmese_python_found_haunted_house

OMG!!
Family Who Thought House Was Haunted by Ghosts Finds Out Scarier Truth (VIDEO)
by Jill Baughman on Yesterday at 3:00 PM
SHARE10
Imagine going around thinking your house was haunted -- things were moving around inexplicably. Kind of cool to tell your family and friends, right? Well, that's what Rachel Leck thought. A lamp was knocked down; some decorations fell off the wall. Perhaps a visit from a friendly spirit? Um, no, the reality is far more terrifying. After observing these strange movements in her southern Ontario home, on August 17, as she went to sit down on the sofa, she saw a 10-foot snake draped over the arm rest opposite her.

Commence. Screaming. Now.

"There was some screams and there was some swearing," she recalled in an interview over the phone. Definitely would be most people's initial reaction! Police say the constrictor snake is most likely a Burmese python -- an exotic species that is prohibited from being kept as a pet in Midland.

Here it is:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Leck immediately took her 10-year-old son to her neighbor's house. "There’s adrenaline and then you go into shock," she said.

Yes, we can only imagine the level of panic and shock involved seeing a 10-foot python chillin' on your living room sofa.

Police and animal control responded to what must have been a very frantic call. A dozen neighbors or so also came by and found the snake under a shelf. When it heard people coming, it sough "refuge under a large couch," according to a police report.

The thought of it slithering around one's living room is just terrifying. What is it about snakes that is so freakin' scary??

And of course there's video thanks to a very helpful neighbor, Jeremy Walsh. Three officers and one man from animal control were able to successfully catch the snake and drop it into a cage in said video.

Obviously, Leck said what we were all thinking until the snake had left the premises: "You couldn’t pay me to go back inside."

She believes the snake lived there rent-free for about a week.

But you gotta give props to her 10-year-old son. He came up to her and said, "Now that I think about it, I actually don’t mind snakes." He then requested to go inside to check it out. Brave little boy! Hmmm, well, when you come right down to it, a snake is actually just another living, breathing ... nope. This is petrifying. And nothing, even an innocent 10-year-old boy, will convince me otherwise.

Here is the nightmare-inducing footage:

That is just ... no.

What would your reaction be if you found a python in your living room? Crying? Screaming? Swearing?
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Woodbabe
by Woodie on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I found a huge water moccasin in my house once....I was so afraid of 'losing it' in the house that I immediately locked my toddler and dog in the car, put on my cowgirl boots and used a broom and anything else I could find to get that damn thing out of the house! We had just moved in, my husband was a at work and I had no phone. 

I think I pissed my pants AFTER it was safely outside!

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Aug. 27, 2014 at 7:22 AM
6 moms liked this

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Goodness- whoever wrote this is slightly overwrought.
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM
I agree. Way over the top.

Quoting Raintree: Goodness- whoever wrote this is slightly overwrought.
VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM

When I was 12 my dad found a small room in the basement that had been borded up - it was inside a storage closet and shelves had been placed in front of the closed off room.  Nail scratches and blood stains on the walls. This was in my childhood home in Detroit. Very old house. 

survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:51 AM

Quoting VooDooB:

When I was 12 my dad found a small room in the basement that had been borded up - it was inside a storage closet and shelves had been placed in front of the closed off room.  Nail scratches and blood stains on the walls. This was in my childhood home in Detroit. Very old house. 

We had a very similar room in a rental we lived in before we bought this house.  I used to lay awake in horror of what had happened in that room.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 27, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Quoting Woodbabe:

I found a huge water moccasin in my house once....I was so afraid of 'losing it' in the house that I immediately locked my toddler and dog in the car, put on my cowgirl boots and used a broom and anything else I could find to get that damn thing out of the house! We had just moved in, my husband was a at work and I had no phone. 

Youre a tough act to follow lady :)

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

VooDooB
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My brother and I used to take the shelves down and play "murder" in that room. It wasn't until I was older when I realized how very disturbing that was. 

Was your rental an old house too? 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting VooDooB:

We had a very similar room in a rental we lived in before we bought this house.  I used to lay awake in horror of what had happened in that room.

You make people leave CM. You drive them away. There is a meaness and coldness in you that pushes people away and makes them cancel their CM accounts. I know a few of them.

- Iga

survivorinohio
by René on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Yes it was built in the teens I think.  We never used that room at all.  It was very creepy.

Quoting VooDooB:

My brother and I used to take the shelves down and play "murder" in that room. It wasn't until I was older when I realized how very disturbing that was. 

Was your rental an old house too? 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting VooDooB:

billysangel
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Quoting Woodbabe:

Oh my God! I would've left brown stuff instead of pee...or probably both!! I am NOT a snake person...AT ALL!! I freaked out because a foot long grass snake came into my kitchen. I swear I didn't want to go into my kitchen for the rest of the day and the next. I usually go bare footed through my house until that.  I wore my shoes for days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN