Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

How not to react when your son comes out as gay.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:41 AM
  • 13 Replies

Warning: Video has disturbing content

Just wanted to share this viral video to show that, despite the progress that has been made over the past few years, LGBT rights and acceptance in this country still have a long way to go. It's horrifying to see how prejudices can tear a part a family like this. I hope that the boy will be able to move on in his life, and find people who will accept him for what he is.

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 3:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, that was tough to watch.

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:28 AM
The mom claimed to have known since he was "a little boy" but then says he made a choice and he's changed?

What a dumbass

My daughter is 12 and recently told me she's gay. If anyone treats her this way ...there will be a problem with me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Yum_Cupcakes
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Such a contradictory woman. Says one thing, then when it comes to God suddenly she knows he chose to be who he is. 

So disgusting how she tells him to get out and she doesn't support him, then when he says okay you don't have to see me ever again she tells says "if that's how you feel about it".  So much contradiction that you know these people have zero intelligence or sympathy. I don't really get upset about much, but the people in the video makes my blood boil. 

She says that she doesn't want people to believe that she supports what he does. I thought you aren't suppose to care what others think but what God knows of you. Such an ass-backwards woman. One of those "Christians" that half-ass the bible.

These people are pieces of shit. I have zero tolerance for people like this. They are the trash of the world that needs to be taken out. 

caito
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:11 AM

That made me want to cry. I saw it on another site this morning. It's just awful.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM
What an awful human being.
Luvnlogic
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
If you're anything like your online persona in real life, I have no doubts you'll be a loyal and fierce mama-bear protector for your baby girl!

Quoting sweet-a-kins: The mom claimed to have known since he was "a little boy" but then says he made a choice and he's changed?

What a dumbass

My daughter is 12 and recently told me she's gay. If anyone treats her this way ...there will be a problem with me
marmie41
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh how sad. His whole family, mom dad and some other member just turned their back. My son was raised in the church from the time he was born told me he was an atheist at 18. He will be 26 next month. I could never treat h that way. Yes it broke my heart but my love for him and his for me quickly mended that break. He even sucks it up and goes to Christmas Eve services with me. Because he knows howuch it means to me and how I enjoy having all my family there.
snookyfritz
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I would guess that there were issues with that family long before a child came out

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like it!

Quoting snookyfritz:

I would guess that there were issues with that family long before a child came out

Laura1427
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. This actually breaks my heart. This poor guy. Not even out for 5 minutes and they are calling him a queer and trying to physically fight him.

And the mom..."I've known since you were little...you're choosing this".  "I have friends that are gay...but they are just friends" So you can associate with people who are gay unless they come from your womb? 

What a bunch of fucking MORONS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)