Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Birth Control can cause cancer!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM
  • 84 Replies
1 mom liked this

Very interesting article. Shocking? No. Many of us have been talking about the dangers of hormonal birth control for years. Hormonal birth control is listed as a level one carcinogen by the world heath organization it is in the same category as mustard gas, asbestos, and arsenic. The sad thing is many women are not informed of the risks. 

The first two years of my marriage I used the pill and I was miserable! I had headaches every single day sometimes so bad I couldn't even function. I finally stopped taking them and I will never go back. I now use NFP and I track and chart my cycles. I know more about my fertility and my body than I ever knew when I was on the pill. 

http://www.catholicvote.org/a-new-cancer-study-and-the-media-cant-handle-the-truth/

Now, let the defending of these dangerous drugs begin! And please don't post on here how you "have" to take birth control because you have endometriosis or PCOS or some other issue. NaPro technology can help SOLVE those problems. Birth control only puts a bandaid on them. If you really want to end your suffering, then get to a NaPro doc and get to the root of the problem.

"On August 1, a cancer study, published inThe Journal of Cancer Research and conducted by the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, stated that there is evidence that the link between oral contraceptives and breast cancer may in fact be greater than previous studies had indicated."

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM
2 moms liked this

OH boy.....  That's not really true.

There is a potential risk with long-term use that reverts after you stop use.  

I love my IUD.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Most women don’t take the high-risk pills, he noted, and low-dose estrogen posed no increased risk, according to the study published Friday in the journal Cancer Research.

From the link provided by the article

jllcali
by Jane on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:53 PM
2 moms liked this
The risks of the high dose pills have been known for quite some time. As in decades. And patients were informed.

Quoting -Celestial-: Most women don’t take the high-risk pills, he noted, and low-dose estrogen posed no increased risk, according to the study published Friday in the journal Cancer Research.

From the link provided by the article

ladymaleficent
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 6:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I have never taken it and will never take it..
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:03 PM
5 moms liked this

So can breathing air...

Consuming diet sodas.

Eating char-coaled meats

We're all terminal.

QueenBarbie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I thankfully have never been on hormonal birth control, and have never had oops pregancy.  It isn't the best idea to mess with your homones. 

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:14 PM
I was going to say this.

Quoting Sisteract:

So can breathing air...

Consuming diet sodas.

Eating char-coaled meats

We're all terminal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lady_Facetious
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Is this article from 1980? Cuz I was informed of this when I was first prescribed bcp 30 years ago. Don't want to take the risk? Don't take the frickin pill. No need to get all self righteous and preachy.
911Diva
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:38 PM

You may have been informed but most women are not. I myself was never told by doctors the risk I was handed a giant packet of information and that was it. I think that doctors need to do better on this issue. Women should absolutely take them if they want to but I think they need to be getting more of the facts. 

Quoting Lady_Facetious: Is this article from 1980? Cuz I was informed of this when I was first prescribed bcp 30 years ago. Don't want to take the risk? Don't take the frickin pill. No need to get all self righteous and preachy.

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:39 PM
14 moms liked this

excess children can cause depression and long term poverty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN