Once in awhile, my female friends and I joke about all of us living in the same building together. We would help each other cook and clean and take care of kids. We'd bring each other to doctor's appointments. We'd always have someone to talk to.

The catch? Husbands are strictly forbidden.

Yeah, so maybe we don't know who would trap the mouse if we saw one, but there would be much less arguing. We'd get the help we need instead of resenting the help we don't. Sex? Oh sure. Husband or boyfriend could come over for that. But then they'd have to leave.

Of course, we don't go through with this plan, because we truly do love our men (on good days). But deep in Brazil there is a town that is living this dream. It's called Noiva do Cordeiro, and it's made up of mostly women.

More from The Stir: Woman Sues Town Over Her Sex Life

Noiva do Cordeiro reportedly has 600 women, most of them under 35. The married ones' husbands live and work elsewhere. Presumably they come home for some sexy time occasionally. While the women are putting out a call for eligible bachelors to move in, one wonders if they may want to reconsider that.

Listen to how they describe their town -- it sounds like Utopia. Says one resident:

There are lots of things that women do better than men. Our town is prettier, more organized, and far more harmonious than if men were in charge. When problems or disputes arise, we resolve them in a woman's way, trying to find consensus rather than conflict. We share everything, even the land we work on. Nobody competes with anyone here. It's all for one, and one for all.

Wow. I would have wondered if a town made up of mostly women would have descended into perpetual Real Housewives-like cattiness. But apparently without producers around stirring the pot, women get along just fine.

The ladies even dismantled the "male-biased organized religion" one of the male founders set up. They now say they don't need priests or church to be good with God. Residents don't say how much crime there is in the neighborhood, but I'm going to guess virtually none.

In fact, the women enjoy the town so much that they refuse to live away from it in order to meet new men. So they're making an appeal for men to move to them.

But before you pack your bags, fellas, the women say you must be willing to live by their rules. They don't say what those rules are, but I'm guessing spitting on the sidewalks is out.

But seriously, ladies, maybe the men can just come visit. Why ruin a good thing?

Would you live in a town like this?

Image via Noiva do Cordeiro/Facebook