Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Five of Cliven Bundy’s grandchildren pulled from school over ban on carrying pocket knives

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM
  • 10 Replies
Cliven Bundy (KLAS)

Five of anti-government rancher Cliven Bundy’s grandchildren were removed from their Nevada schools because of a ban on bringing knives onto their respective campuses, KSNV-TV reported.

Bundy’s son Ryan Bundy pulled the children after officials with the Clark County School District informed him that his 15-year-old daughter would not be allowed to bring her pocket knife to Virgin Valley High School because it fell under the district’s zero-tolerance policy against weapons.

“They’re trying to make my child a criminal – and any other child a criminal – for simply having something, and that is not right,” Ryan Bundy told KSNV, adding that he planned to speak to the school’s principal and ask that she be allowed to circumvent the policy.

Ryan Bundy stated that each of his children owns a pocket knife and uses it at home for chores, and were also allowed to bring them while attending charter schools and schools in Utah in the past. The other children were pulled from a local middle school and elementary school.

The 15-year-old daughter, who was not identified, told KSNV that she hoped the dispute would be resolved soon, as she was looking forward to start her freshman year at Virgin Valley.

“I still would like to go to this school,” she was quoted as saying. “I really don’t want to be homeschooled.”

Earlier this year, Ryan Bundy supported his father’s attempt to avoid paying federal grazing fees, which has left him owing more than $1 million to the Bureau of Land Management. He also leda group of 300 protesters riding their ATVs through Utah’s Recapture Canyon, federally-protected land which contains a number of Native American artifacts.

Watch KSNV’s report, as aired on Thursday, below.

http://www.mynews3.com/content/news/story/ryan-bundy-children-ccsd-meqsuite-pocketknife/IFvwtBXwmU2KwUTiyOm2Xw.cspx

by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:55 PM

This family seems to think the laws don't apply to them...

I'm shocked any of them even went to school..

littlemum41
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Ohhh geeee, what next? Is he going to build a bomb and recruit his kids and grandkids to fight in his army? Those kids are being badly raised. A girl has a pocket knife TOO? Lovely, simply lovely.

O.M.G.

HollyZ.30
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Stupid

PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:03 PM

She's lucky, most schools would have expelled her right on the spot for simply possessing a pocket kife at school instead of telling her that it's not allowed at school. 

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Self entitled assholes

I'm with the girl though ... I wouldn't want to be home schooled in that freak show either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Dude, quit crying like a little bitch.
Lady_Facetious
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM
What kind of idiot doesn't know kids can't take pocketknives to school?

How exactly would a pocketknife assist in learning?

Fucking idiots
PerseyG
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope CPS pays them a visit. I'd like to know what chores they are doing that require daily knife usage.

Skinning roadkill?
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:23 PM

Yeah, they are above all policies and such because they want to be.

Pathetic.

I feel sorry for this young girl.

No one needs a damn pocket knife while at school.

latashac
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM
So basically dad doesn't seem to care what his kid wants. Hope he realizes that whether or not his kids go to school, the school year will go on. I just hope the school doesn't cave like law enforcement did the last time they dealt with these lunatics.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN