Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Quick......Obama making speech right now on TV regarding Nato and ISIS

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM
  • 66 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VooDooB
by weird cheese on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I'm not home this weekend. What did he say?
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Nato members will give support to the opposition to ISIS. They will give support with training, medical, weapons. It has to be a joint effort with the people there. They need more support to roust them out. Like we supported the Afgans, and their own people routed them out. ISIS is hard to contain, yet we and with the unanimous support from our Nato allies, will systematically go after them. Other members of Nato will supply support as well. The US won't do it alone, and the people of Iraq will have to step forward more. Hoping for support from Sunnis and tribes. They have to stand up. Nato will protect Ukraine. Sanctions against Russia helped with the agreement recently made with the Ukraine. Agreement wouldn't of happened except for sanctions. Nato members will be making a plan for a RAPID RESPONSE plan. All military indo, to be updated, and shared. Plan to be made out, in the coming weeks. He was asked about immigration issues. He said, in the Senate, bi-partisan agreement. In the house, bill has been sat on my the republicans. ( He said that twice) then he proceeded to say, it was wrong, and if the bill is not passed, and repeatedly sat on, he will use his executive powers to the legal limit he can to get action on this immigrant issue, so people who have been here for years can start paying taxes, and living their lives.. In fact, he was going to read up on it, on his plane flight after this conference........( I kid you not, he said he was going to read up on the immigration issue, on the plane after this!)

Quoting VooDooB: I'm not home this weekend. What did he say?

vamaria
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:45 PM

To be fair, there is a lot of new information on each topic every day, from immigration to the Middle East, to Ebola. At least he's planning to do his research. But, shouldn't he have received updates from his advisors on a regular basis?

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I missed it, Obama should have done his research a long time ago instead of taking a crash course. Maybe those 2 American jouralists would still be alive as well as many innocent men, women and children. smh

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:57 PM

When asked about immigration, by a reporter at the end, he did say he had been busy with .....I can't remember exactly. Probably ISIS or Nato. Really can't remember the exact words.  You would think he would of gotten updates from advisors sure......just so much stuff going on.

Quoting vamaria:

To be fair, there is a lot of new information on each topic every day, from immigration to the Middle East, to Ebola. At least he's planning to do his research. But, shouldn't he have received updates from his advisors on a regular basis?

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:02 PM
8 moms liked this

Maybe Bush should have and more than 100,000 would still be alive 

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

I missed it, Obama should have done his research a long time ago instead of taking a crash course. Maybe those 2 American jouralists would still be alive as well as many innocent men, women and children. smh

JonJon
by Ruby Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Yeah; the President's responsible for every crime committed by other people against Americans both here and abroad.

He was no more responsible for those murders than Bush was for 911, mmmkay?

banging head into wall

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by Platinum Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Watch the film clips and the summery on the news channels. Lots of commentary will come out of this. At least with the Nato summit, all are going to give support for defeating ISIS, and the US won't be going in alone. He did say the US has done 100 airstrikes over there, and troops have been deployed to keep American citizens safe.......and to protect American intrests. The Iraqis themselves, are the ones that will ultimately have to rout ISIS out.

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM

I wasn't a huge supporter of Bush, we're talking about Obama, the here and now.

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

Maybe Bush should have and more than 100,000 would still be alive 

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

vamaria
by Member on Sep. 5, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Exactly. I think this is one time where Obama got failed, rather than the other way around. He dropped the ball, definitely, but his advisors should have stepped up, too.

I've been focusing my own research more on Ebola, since it is a direct threat to my immediate family. I need to do more reading on what's going on outside Africa.

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

When asked about immigration, by a reporter at the end, he did say he had been busy with .....I can't remember exactly. Probably ISIS or Nato. Really can't remember the exact words.  You would think he would of gotten updates from advisors sure......just so much stuff going on.

Quoting vamaria:

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)