Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas Herstory (not a typo) ... interesting look at the origins of tradition

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lady_Facetious
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Slightly off topic, herstory is a type of play on words.

*damn touchscreen.
Lady_Facetious
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 11:40 AM
I knew trees and mistletoe were pagan but i didn't really know the names.
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM

bump, I love this.

billsfan1104
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:26 PM
As a Christian, I don't force my beliefs on anyone, because I don't want anyone to force theirs on mine.
But I don't get the constant need for people to tell Christians that Jesus wasn't born now, that is was Pagan holiday we stole etc etc.
Why can't we all just learn to live together and let everyone belief what they want??
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Try to jerk back your knee. It was an interesting view on the history of WOMEN and the holiday that I had never heard before and wanted to share. You were perfectly free not to open it or to ignore it once you did. Stomping like a two year old because someone posted a history you do not want to hear is petty and ridiculous.

Quoting billsfan1104: As a Christian, I don't force my beliefs on anyone, because I don't want anyone to force theirs on mine.
But I don't get the constant need for people to tell Christians that Jesus wasn't born now, that is was Pagan holiday we stole etc etc.
Why can't we all just learn to live together and let everyone belief what they want??
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:00 PM
I know it is,that is why I clarified it is not a typo.

Quoting Lady_Facetious: Slightly off topic, herstory is a type of play on words.

*damn touchscreen.
billsfan1104
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I am not being nasty and degrading to you. I wish you would not do the same.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: Try to jerk back your knee. It was an interesting view on the history of WOMEN and the holiday that I had never heard before and wanted to share. You were perfectly free not to open it or to ignore it once you did. Stomping like a two year old because someone posted a history you do not want to hear is petty and ridiculous.

Quoting billsfan1104: As a Christian, I don't force my beliefs on anyone, because I don't want anyone to force theirs on mine.
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:03 PM
I did not know the reason for mistletoe or that they used to celebrate Mother's night. I figured since we are all mothers, that was an intersting tid it to share.

Quoting Lady_Facetious: I knew trees and mistletoe were pagan but i didn't really know the names.
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM
6 moms liked this
Yeah, actually you are. I posted an informative piece about a history you do not want to hear and you just twisted it into an attack on your religion. Like you always do. It is very nasty for you to constantly spin everything you do not like into something it is not and paint yourself and your religion as victims of persecution just because someone gives a different account of history than you are aware of.

Quoting billsfan1104: I am not being nasty and degrading to you. I wish you would not do the same.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: Try to jerk back your knee. It was an interesting view on the history of WOMEN and the holiday that I had never heard before and wanted to share. You were perfectly free not to open it or to ignore it once you did. Stomping like a two year old because someone posted a history you do not want to hear is petty and ridiculous.

AnnieGoolaheey
by Dean's Wife on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Very cool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)