• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is what Parental Alienation Does to People.

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:46 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vLP_oNDkpk&feature=youtu.be

I know this man through my work with a non profit that helps dads who are alienated from their children. Children deserve both parents, always, unless there is PROVEN abuse in a court of law.

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Wrong. Even without proven abuse, sometimes the kids are much better off without the parent. I know a family that my friend works for. The kids would be more stable in every way without their moms in their lives. She babies the teenaged boy to the point that he is almost infantile in mentality, and verbally tortures the teenaged girl to the point that she is the same as the boy. Nothing that she does is overtly aggressive, but she chips away at their cores until they are unable to function on normal levels. I wish she would disappear, for the children's sakes.
turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

didnt watch....but alrighty then.

IMO Ive only seen alienation when the mother has more hatred for the father than can see past the value his presence would be in the lives of their kids.

IMO that is a small number.

Ive seen more dads who couldnt be bothered knowing their kids until  they care to show themselves.  They too dont think about the value his presence would be in their lives.

tklrcl2014
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:57 PM

small number? At last count, we had over 35,000 dads who haven't seen their kids because the courts won't enforce custody orders.

Quoting turtle68:

IMO Ive only seen alienation when the mother has more hatred for the father than can see past the value his presence would be in the lives of their kids.

Ive seen more dads who couldnt be bothered knowing their kids until  they care to show themselves.  They too dont think about the value his presence would be in their lives.

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:22 PM
4 moms liked this

IDK- I know alot of 2 parent families, and they are raising the kids pretty badly. I could go on and on. I know some single moms who are doing a stellar job on their own when I have briefly met the dad or heard about him- those kids are far better off without him in their life. Each situation is unique.

Yes, in an ideal world it's two parents- that is assuming both parents know how be an adult, and parent, and are willing to put their child before themselves.

AllofFive19
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Okay, what happens when the courts don't or won't prove it? What happens when it's emotional abuse or another that the courts don't recognize? Kids deserve a loving home no matter what, I don't necessarily agree with the two parents remark.
yourspecialkid
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Being a sperm donor and and not abusive doesn't make you fit to be a father.

My father wasn't abusive, but he left us and got a new family.  He didn't provide any type of support.  Instead we had 2 wonderful grandfathers that treated us liike their own. 

When it comes to a relationship with my father, I think I will take a pass....it doesn't matter what someone thinks I "deserve."

colins_mom
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:54 PM
2 moms liked this

this. my Friends son has been being sexually abused by his father for years. we all know it. we have all called CPS and his mom has done everything right ( documented EVERYTHING, every hair found on him, every bruise, scrape, regression, everything. taken him to the ER, the Pediatrician and a therapist, filed for emergency custody etc.) yet the courts still think that his dad having primary custody is in this child's favor since mom lives with her grandparents and is unemployed. dad at one point moved out of state leaving the ds with mom for over a year with no contact at all. not even a birthday card. mom filed for custody with proof that she had had their ds for over a year and a half with no custody from dad and magically dad shows up the day of court and she is told to give ds back to his dead beat dad. 

the court system is worthless. 

Quoting AllofFive19: Okay, what happens when the courts don't or won't prove it? What happens when it's emotional abuse or another that the courts don't recognize? Kids deserve a loving home no matter what, I don't necessarily agree with the two parents remark.

Jack_Squat
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:25 AM
2 moms liked this
http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/co-parenting-after-divorce/201304/the-impact-parental-alienation-children

Parental Alienation is SO much more than that. I have spent years researching PAS and HAP, and have even spoken to one of the nation's leading experts in PA at length. PA is absolutely detrimental to a child, and is a severe form of child abuse.

Quoting Ziva65:

IDK- I know alot of 2 parent families, and they are raising the kids pretty badly. I could go on and on. I know some single moms who are doing a stellar job on their own when I have briefly met the dad or heard about him- those kids are far better off without him in their life. Each situation is unique.

Yes, in an ideal world it's two parents- that is assuming both parents know how be an adult, and parent, and are willing to put their child before themselves.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this

It's been my experience that the vast majority of those men don't see their children by their own choice. They're the "i'm sorry i forgot" or "something came up, maybe i can see him/her next weekend" types, or even the type that dissappear for years then try to blame the mom for their own jackassery

They all spout the same bullshit excuses and in the end they ALL try to blame it on the mothers. The only thing the courts should try enforcing harder is making the fathers actually pull their heads out of their asses and make them see their kids.

Quoting tklrcl2014:

small number? At last count, we had over 35,000 dads who haven't seen their kids because the courts won't enforce custody orders.

Quoting turtle68:

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 3:01 AM

Quoting Jack_Squat:

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/co-parenting-after-divorce/201304/the-impact-parental-alienation-children

Parental alienation involves the “programming” of a child by one parent to denigrate the other “targeted” parent, in an effort to undermine and interfere with the child's relationship with that parent

Thank you for the link.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)