Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NYPD Shove Man Attempting Ellen DeGeneres Dance Dare to the Ground: ‘You F-kin' Kidding Me, Bro?' (Video)

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:06 AM
  • 56 Replies

NYPD Shove Man Attempting Ellen DeGeneres Dance Dare to the Ground: ‘You F-kin' Kidding Me, Bro?' (Video)

Note to the public: Do not attempt to pull off a dance dare for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" behind a New York Police Department officer.

A video that began circulating on Monday showing NYPD officers surrounding prankster Alexander Bok, a black man, pulling off the stunt that is supposed to be humorous, but quickly turned into a nightmare. When officers noticed Bok dancing behind one of them on Christmas Eve, they immediately surrounded him and began angrily questioning him before eventually throwing him to the ground.

Also Read: New York Times Blasts NYPD for Turning Backs on Mayor: ‘Squandering the Department's Credibility, Defacing its Reputation'

"What the f-k are you doing behind me?" one officer says. "What the f-k is wrong with you?"

"I'm just dancing," Bok explained.

"Are you f-kin' kidding me, bro?" the same officer asks before shoving the man to the ground. "Take a f-kin' walk."

Also Read: Shoving, Arrests and Alleged Brutality: A Timeline of Tension Between Police and the Press in Ferguson

Bok's decision to test police patience couldn't have come at a worse time, considering two NYPD officers were shot and killed by a lone gunman just two days beforehand. Still, NYPD officials have told the media that they are investigating the incident.

Watch the prank gone wrong that Bok says in a longer cut was inspired by Psy's "Gangna

m Style."

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Ok, not the best time to do this...obviously. The cops were still pretty heavy-handed with him. Ask what he's doing, check for weapons, then let him go. No need for name-calling and shoving. 😕
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

What are you dancing in the street for?

It it illegal to dance ??

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Quote:

Bok's decision to test police patience

Tests their patience? this is a clip they do on Ellen's show where you dance behind someone and stop if they look at you

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Why, yes. Yes it is. Haven't you seen Footloose?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

What are you dancing in the street for?

It it illegal to dance ??

denise3680
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 10:45 AM
3 moms liked this

but of course the idiot cop in the van did not notice that he was just dancing:/  So then they shove him into the street:/  NAWWWW, we don't have a problem with cops

AdrianneHill
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:24 PM
I saw an analysis of this that was such a suck off to the police department. People are admonished to never do anything stupid but when the cops did cruel or stupid things, that same analyst shrugged it off as the police being human and scared of the bad dancing man.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully those cops will show up at the NFL playoffs this weekend and shove the idiots doing their stupid dances to the ground.

momsndaughters
by New Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:40 PM
2 moms liked this

Just another great example of our law enforcement misusing their power.... 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:38 PM
8 moms liked this

Um cops are being assassinated and recently got attacked by a guy with a hammer, so I'm not sure why anyone would stand behind a cop doing anything that involved fast movements such as the guy is doing with this dance.  You don't have to be a genius to figure out the guy dancing knew this would provoke a confrontation with the cops so he can get his 15 minutes of fame.

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That was an appropriate and acceptable reaction to someone dancing, in your opinion?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Um cops are being assassinated and recently got attacked by a guy with a hammer, so I'm not sure why anyone would stand behind a cop doing anything that involved fast movements such as the guy is doing with this dance.  You don't have to be a genius to figure out the guy dancing knew this would provoke a confrontation with the cops so he can get his 15 minutes of fame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)