Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Years Eve 2014

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM
  • 27 Replies

Happy New Years eve!!

What will YOU be doing when the clock strikes 12:00??

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
😴😴😴 Happy new year to you, sweets. Hope you and your fam have a happy, healthy, blessed 2015!!
Missus_Mom
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully having a very adult time with my very hot husband.  I can't think of a more fun way to ring in the New Year.

He's on call, so hopefull the bad guys will hold off until 1 or 2. 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Dean's Wife on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Watching the Twlight Zone! Happy New year.Happy New Year 2015

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:16 PM

We MAY do the Macy's light show

We are definately doing dinner, movie (hunger games) and fireworks at Penns Landing (where hubby proposed in 1998)

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope he won't get called in!!

My hubby was talking to me about dinner a movie and fireworks...and my kids invited themselves lol

Quoting Missus_Mom:

Hopefully having a very adult time with my very hot husband.  I can't think of a more fun way to ring in the New Year.

He's on call, so hopefull the bad guys will hold off until 1 or 2. 

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Hopefully sleeping

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Probably sleeping! lol. My dad had surgery today (went well) so i had to drive about 150 miles locally back n forth, im beat! My fiance and I are taking my son out to dinner then home for snacks and hats and tooters. Have some non alcholic sparkling cider for a toast. and taking the boy to see the new Night at the Museum movie tomorrow. :)

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad the surgery went well!

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Probably sleeping! lol. My dad had surgery today (went well) so i had to drive about 150 miles locally back n forth, im beat! My fiance and I are taking my son out to dinner then home for snacks and hats and tooters. Have some non alcholic sparkling cider for a toast. and taking the boy to see the new Night at the Museum movie tomorrow. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Friday
by HRH of MJ on Dec. 31, 2014 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Hanging out with my kids, promised they could stay up till midnight but they will probably have to wake me up for it. Husband has to be at work at 11:30 and the teenager is off with his friends. I have a couple of poppers and half a bottle of wine.

Good times. I remember a time when there was no way in hell I would have stayed home for New Years and now it's the norm.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 1:53 AM
We skipped Macys and went to dinner then a movie and fireworks

Going into the movies, I was walking with my son and my husband and daughter were a little but behind us

We walked through an ally (well lit) from the parking lot to the theatre

There was a homeless man with a sign. My son said to me as we passed...is he homeless?? And stopped walking - he said we have to give him something

We turned around to see my daughter handing him $5 of her own money. The man wished her a happy new year and we went in

My kids were both upset by this ..again, my son is very innocent about it but to him that's an emergency that he thinks we shouldn't just walk past..we should find him a home before we do anything else

Explained to him it's a very complicated problem

After the movie we all went to the restroom...as we were coming out and waiting for my hubby and son my daughter had tears in her eyes knowing we would probably see the homeless man again

And we did....and my kids were upset again

I told them we will find someplace to volunteer time and donate some blankets, coats and $.

That seemed to placate them a little. They don't go into the city much and when they do it's not in a place where they would see it

I love that my kids have big hearts and they also make me sad to know all the things they will learn about life and the world we live in...but they are absolutely an inspiration to me about not getting too jaded about our environment

Happy night altogether - love my sweets
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)