Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Husband's not Gay!! ( but he is attracted to men)

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM
  • 123 Replies
1 mom liked this

There is a new show on TLC called 'My husband's not Gay" and it's causing an uproar....click below on the link provided to read more about this contraversial new program.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/05/my-husbands-not-gay-new-tlc-show-about-married-mormon-husbands-who-are-attracted-to-men-sparks-major-protest/

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM
2 moms liked this

It isn't on A&E it is on TLC.  It is up to the couples to decide what is right for them and if they want to agree to do a show like this.  I don't necessarily agree with it but they are adults they can make their own decisions to be on the show or not. 

denise3680
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:28 PM
6 moms liked this

I think it gives off the false impression that being gay is a choice instead of clarifying that acting on your homosexual feelings is a choice but you are still gay.  I don't know I have seen a documentary that Lisa Ling did on this and it was sort of crazy to watch these men deny who they truly are and then claim that their church accepts them as they are but all of this comes under conditions:/ 

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:28 PM
Yes, I corrected that. I feel the same way, almost. I won't tune in, not because i dont agree, but because i dont care. I know others care very much. I think it's comical and hypocritical that certain groups scream 'Equality' yet attempt to ban a show such as this.
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Im not comfortable with judging the show as being irresponsible or false. I believe that since i dont walk in their shoes, or reside in their skin, i can't say that the way they choose to live is wrong.

Quoting denise3680:

I think it gives off the false impression that being gay is a choice instead of clarifying that acting on your homosexual feelings is a choice but you are still gay.  I don't know I have seen a documentary that Lisa Ling did on this and it was sort of crazy to watch these men deny who they truly are and then claim that their church accepts them as they are but all of this comes under conditions:/ 

RandRMomma
by Maya on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not a lesbian. But, I'm attracted to women. I am bisexual though.
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:38 PM
In what specific ways are you attracted to women. My first thought was that these men are bi.

Quoting RandRMomma: I'm not a lesbian. But, I'm attracted to women. I am bisexual though.
RandRMomma
by Maya on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:41 PM
I just am. LOL I don't really know how to describe it. I've always been attracted to both men and women sexually and have been in long term relationships with both.

These men are bisexual. It's too bad that they're living in denial in order to be "accepted."

Quoting KamWorthy: In what specific ways are you attracted to women. My first thought was that these men are bi.

Quoting RandRMomma: I'm not a lesbian. But, I'm attracted to women. I am bisexual though.
denise3680
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I do think it is irresponsible for anyone to think that being gay is a choice instead of saying that I choose not to live a certain way but that does not make the feelings or impulses any less real.  Maybe they are bi-sexual, that I think makes more sense, jmothough. They are not doing that, they are implying that they choose not to be gay, but imo, that is not possible, you can choose not to live a certain way, but that does not change who you truly are and what you truly feel.  Like I stated before I have seen this before Lisa Ling did a story on this very subject with the Mormon community also.  You can no more stop being gay than you can stop being whatever race you are:/

Quoting KamWorthy: Im not comfortable with judging the show as being irresponsible or false. I believe that since i dont walk in their shoes, or reside in their skin, i can't say that the way they choose to live is wrong.
Quoting denise3680:

littlemum41
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:48 PM
3 moms liked this

the title of this show is exploitive and ridiculous. But what can we expect from TLC?

Whatever these couples decide to do about their relationships, their roles, their sexuality, should be a private matter, not a TV reality show.

But it seems these people are so money-hungry that they will appear on this show just to rake in the dough.

Tacky and tasteless. I won't watch.   I am not a voyeur.  I don't watch ANY "reality" shows.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 12:50 PM
I guess im just not confident to say "you're not happy living this way". I certainly wouldnt others saying of me "there's NO way thise lifestyle works for, youre either lying or in denial"......i think in this day and age there are all sorts of families. Most of which i dont agree with, but that is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Quoting RandRMomma: I just am. LOL I don't really know how to describe it. I've always been attracted to both men and women sexually and have been in long term relationships with both.

These men are bisexual. It's too bad that they're living in denial in order to be "accepted."

Quoting KamWorthy: In what specific ways are you attracted to women. My first thought was that these men are bi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)