Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Step-Parents

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:50 AM
  • 55 Replies
So..these past couple of days I have learned from CM that step-parents are DA DEBIL.

Or are they?

I have learned that divorced moms and dads should never date or remarry because it will traumatize the kids.

I have learned that Step-moms will always hate the existing children and will seek to remove them asap so she can stake her territory and live her own fairytale.

I have learned that divorced moms/dads who remarry lose all backbone and let their inferior childless interloper call all the shots.

I have learned that unless stepmom/dad put the stepkid ABOVE everyone else including spouse/their biokids/themselves, they are just nasty whores who should have not dated or married someone with kids.

I have finally learned that step-parents are obviously witches and warlocks who cast love spells to force divorced moms and dads to marry their evil asses. it's the only explanation because step-parents are unloveable and pathetic man/woman-stealing losers who want to make life hell for Snow White...I mean..the biokids.

Well...my family full of step-parents and bioparents and happy kids says that all of the above statements are full of ninnymugginned crap. My DH who happens to be stepdad (actually DAD because thats what OUR daughters call him. They call him DAD because he's a DAD not just a sperm donor) would also like to point out that he's glad I didn't become a celibate weirdo after my divorce from my first husband. .
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:56 AM
If the CMommies say it...it must be true!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM

I'm glad your husband likes the weirdo you are, it's nice to know there is someone out there for you.  

DanaG70
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:57 AM

Nobody should believe half the crap that is posted on some of the more popular groups on CM. There are a lot of bitter women out there.

but than again, there are a lot of women that will actual expect a man to just forget about their kids with another woman. Do what is best for your family.

I am a product of a broken family and love my dad (step) very much. I am also a step-parent and so is my husband, we don't have nearly the drama some of these women cause here. My kids also have a step-mother and frankly, I'd rather deal with her than my ex-husband.

PerseyG
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:58 AM
Or is he? Maybe I am under a spell.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I'm glad your husband likes the weirdo you are, it's nice to know there is someone out there for you.  

4evrinbluejeans
by KK on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:00 AM

I vote drugs...lots and lots of illicit drugs

Quoting PerseyG: Or is he? Maybe I am under a spell.
Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

PerseyG
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:04 AM
Ohh...I get it. I point out all the absurdities hurled at and about step-parents every day on this site so that means I am on drugs.

I would say sorry that I, obviously, touched a nerve...but I'm not. I am SOBERLY not sorry.

:D

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

I vote drugs...lots and lots of illicit drugs

Quoting PerseyG: Or is he? Maybe I am under a spell.

Quoting 4evrinbluejeans:

momtoscott
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:11 AM

My stepmother, who married my father long after I moved out of the house, has been an awesome grandmother to my son.  Not so my biomom.  My SM is a much nicer person than my mother.  I wish I could have gone through some of my childhood with SM as my mother instead of my actual mother; I would not have needed to do as much psychological repair in my early adult years.  

There are terrible stepmoms and stepdads out there, of course.   

numbr1wmn
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:13 AM

I don't know personally.  However, My husbands  step dad was more of a dad than his real dad.

PerseyG
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
That's how my dad is. He raised me. I never really knew my BD. I get real annoyed when people refer to him as my stepdad. They do it for no reason other than the point out lack of shared dna.

My ex-MIL still calls him my stepfather. Blood is more important to her than love.

Quoting numbr1wmn:

I don't know personally.  However, My husbands  step dad was more of a dad than his real dad.

numbr1wmn
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My hubby called him dad too.  His brother who is his half brother if you say half he snaps at you. 

Quoting PerseyG: That's how my dad is. He raised me. I never really knew my BD. I get real annoyed when people refer to him as my stepdad. They do it for no reason other than the point out lack of shared dna. My ex-MIL still calls him my stepfather. Blood is more important to her than love.
Quoting numbr1wmn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)