Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HILARIOUS! Jon Stewart: Republicans gave Netanyahu ‘the longest bl*wjob a Jewish man has ever received’

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:22 AM
  • 13 Replies

04 Mar 2015 at 00:07 ET                   

Jon Stewart hosts 'The Daily Show' on March 3, 2015. [YouTube]

Jon Stewart opened The Daily Show on Tuesday by mocking the Republican-heavy Congress for giving Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu not just a warm welcome, but nearly 20 minutes of applause for his much-ballyhooed appearance.

“Whether or not Netanyahu achieved his goals of sabotaging a deal with Iran or mistakenly opened up a rift in U.S.-Israeli relations, one thing is certain,” Stewart observed. “The in-chamber response to this speech was by far the longest bl*wjob a Jewish man has ever received.”

Stewart pointed out that the speech, prompted by an invitation from House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) in January, came on the holy Jewish occasion known as “Suuk-On-It Mr. President.”

“It was a festival of slights,” he joked.

While poking fun at Netanyahu’s claim that he spoke for not only Israel, but all Jews on Tuesday, Stewart acknowledged that, despite a sour reception from President Barack Obama, the prime minister’s appearance demonstrated how powerful Israel is.

“[Netanyahu] comes here, publicly slaps Obama in the face, and the president’s response is, ‘It’s OK, everyone should know I’m buying him gloves so when he hits me, it doesn’t hurt his hand as much,’” Stewart said.

However, Stewart said, Obama had a point when he said that the GOP would not have been as welcoming had Democrats invited the prime minister of France to criticize then-President George W. Bush’s case for war against Iraq.

“They would’ve gone f*cking bananas,” Stewart argued. “Republicans would have demanded the inviters be arrested for sedition and treason. For God’s sakes, just for France not joining our coalition, Republicans officially had the word ‘French’ removed from Capitol Building fries.”

Watch Stewart’s commentary, as posted online on Tuesday, below.

http://www.rawstory.com/...

by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nb34
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Love!

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol
Della529
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:38 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL!

SLTmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:10 AM
4 moms liked this

Damn.  I'm gonna miss him when he leaves.  

coolmommy2x
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:30 AM
Freedom fries were stupid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billsfan1104
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. There are times when conservatives or republicans do stupid shit and that was one of them.

Quoting coolmommy2x: Freedom fries were stupid.
idunno1234
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

He is so spot on.

I had literally just finished watching a Stewart episode from September when I saw you posted this.  It had the perfect Stewart quote that I thought summed up the difference between the Bush and Obama administrations perfectly:

"The Bush administration was incredibly disciplined and focused when the time came to persuade this country to do the wrong thing, whereas the Obama administration would like us to do the right thing, in as chaotic and confused a way as possible."

Damn, Stewart will be missed. 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow!!!!!  How edgy and unexpected of Steward.  He could have made a funny about how sensitive and emotional Obama and liberals are regarding Bibi's speech, but he did the totally unpredictable and did a funny on Republicans.  I bet no one saw that coming....

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Not really what I find funny.
Billiejeens
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

You want the world to be better.

Have you given any thought to giving up this comedy show that you are enamored with, and watching some real news, or history or  political show?

Quoting idunno1234:

He is so spot on.

I had literally just finished watching a Stewart episode from September when I saw you posted this.  It had the perfect Stewart quote that I thought summed up the difference between the Bush and Obama administrations perfectly:

"The Bush administration was incredibly disciplined and focused when the time came to persuade this country to do the wrong thing, whereas the Obama administration would like us to do the right thing, in as chaotic and confused a way as possible."

Damn, Stewart will be missed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)