Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scott Walker Humiliates Himself In New Hampshire By Comparing ISIS To A Computer Virus

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:56 PM
  • 11 Replies

Scott Walker Humiliates Himself In New Hampshire By Comparing ISIS To A Computer Virus

walker-new-hampshire-2

Scott Walker’s new foreign policy embarrassment occurred in New Hampshire today where he compared combating terrorists like ISIS to a computer virus.

Video: http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4531276/walker-isis-virus

Walker said:

And to me, I look at what I believe is the not well defined by some in our political discourse today, and that is I think our clearest threat right now is radical Islamic terrorism. I see it embodied right now in Syria and Libya, but growing elsewhere around the world. I just believe fundamentally that when you listen to leaders of organizations like ISIS and others like them it is clear what their intent is. It’s not to say in the Middle East. It is eventually to come back to American soil and to cause harm against Americans because that is their identified threat. And so my belief is just like a virus in a computer, we need to go to whatever length is required to make sure that eradicate radical Islamic terrorism where it is at before it washes up.

Walker keeps finding new and different ways to make it clear to non-Republican voters that he is in way over his head on foreign policy. Terrorism is nothing like a computer virus. Terrorism is not tangable. It is an idea or a belief system. Terrorism can’t be eradicated with bullets or ground troops. There is no anti-virus program for terrorism.

What Scott Walker was referring to was the old George W. Bush strategy of “fighting them there, so we don’t have to fight them here.” It was a failed strategy when the Bush neocons tried it, and it will fail if another Republican president tries it.

It is clear that Republicans want to make 2016 about foreign policy, but Scott Walker is completely unfit to be talking about anything related to foreign policy. Gov. Walker appears to have no idea what he is talking about. Scott Walker is a bad governor who is revealing himself to be completely unfit to be president.

I was just about to start dry-humping Pema with underwear on my face. ~VDB

I love CafeMom

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustCJ
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:06 PM
6 moms liked this

It's better than calling them the "JV team" don'tcha think?

VooDooB
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:54 PM
3 moms liked this
But but but ISIS isn't a big deal and those who make a big deal out of them are paranoid fear mongers.
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this

So where was the whining when SOS Kerry called ISIS a cancer....

John Kerry: ISIS is a cancer
By 

Sec. of State John Kerry said in a New York Times op-ed, “the cancer of ISIS will not be allowed to spread.”

August 30, 2014 at 5:30PM
via CNN.com – World

Mrs.KAZ
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:12 PM
3 moms liked this
Yes, because saying we have 57 states is not embarrassing at all😒
Billiejeens
by The Librarian on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this
she knows it's crap she just needs clicks
WaterorWine
by Χριστιανός on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm reading this objectively. I don't see how it's embarrassing. Of course terrorism isn't tangible that's why he used an analogy.

A virus infects healthy people, hijacks their cells, replicates and spreads. Same can be said of computer viruses.

ISIS uses propaganda and religion to infect moderate people, recruits (replicates) then uses them for their agenda and has a goal of spreading.

I think the comparison is valid.
VooDooB
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:21 PM

Is that your excuse for some of the stuff you post?

Quoting Billiejeens: she knows it's crap she just needs clicks

Billiejeens
by The Librarian on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
excuse?

Quoting VooDooB:

VooDooB
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM

Heh! ;)

Quoting Billiejeens: excuse?
Quoting VooDooB:

meriana
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:58 PM

Far as I can see, both Walker and Kerry used appropriate analogies. Radical Islamic terrorism is spreading and being passed to people via religious ideals and propaganda, much like any virus spreads through human contact or in the case of computers, via programs, messages, etc. that people pass, download and open for reading or use.

It is also like a cancer in that cancer spreads and grows by feeding on it's host. Radical Islamic terrorism spreads and grows by "feeding" on the populations of it's host countries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)