Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stolen....black guy calls white guy racial slur

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

I saw this in MC......

In a meeting with the media after the game, Andrew Harrison from the Kentucky Wildcats said about Frank Kaminsky from Wisconsin, Fuck that N****.

What does the media say?  That's okay because at 3 this morning, he took to Twitter and said sorry and it's just how black guys talk.  Now.....had that been a white guy.........

Thoughts? 

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/5/8346723/kentuckys-andrew-harrison-on-frank-kaminsky-after-kentuckys-loss-to

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kateshac
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:00 AM
I think he should get whatever punishment that someone would usually get when they say a racial slur, most people wouldn't get away with just a Twitter apology. However, this is an odd situation in that this guy used a term historically used to degrade black people on a white person, so the if it had been a white guy comparison doesn't really work, unless the hypothetical white guy in this scenario called the black man a cracker or some other racial slur historically used on white people.

It's kind of like calling Calista Flockhart a fat bitch. Is it offensive, yes, but given the target it just makes the person who said it seem completely ignorant and jealous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Agree. If his words violate some code of conduct, there should be a consequence. But I wouldn't call it racist since that word is not a slur against whites. Offensive and inappropriate, yes.

Quoting kateshac: I think he should get whatever punishment that someone would usually get when they say a racial slur, most people wouldn't get away with just a Twitter apology. However, this is an odd situation in that this guy used a term historically used to degrade black people on a white person, so the if it had been a white guy comparison doesn't really work, unless the hypothetical white guy in this scenario called the black man a cracker or some other racial slur historically used on white people.

It's kind of like calling Calista Flockhart a fat bitch. Is it offensive, yes, but given the target it just makes the person who said it seem completely ignorant and jealous.
LGA1165
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:13 AM
That was inappropriate and tacky . The "n" word is just wrong even if he called a white guy one .
Low class behavior .
EireLass
by Emerald Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:07 PM

"Fuck that cracker", just doesn't do it I guess. 

Lady_Facetious
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 1:33 PM
I don't use racial slurs.

The guy apologized. A black guy calling a white guy a n***** doesn't have the same connotation. It was a stupid thing to say. He admitted his mistake.

Where is the chorus of "it's just a word* whrn it's a white person who feels slighted?
denise3680
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 3:26 PM
Lol what is it with white people and the "n" word. Making a big deal out of it. I thought this had been settled already if you want to say it, just say it. The only thing is own it when you say it and own the consequences also.
I know you guys do not think the meaning is the same , do you?
Radarma
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:45 PM
2 moms liked this

What is it with black people throwing that word around and then crying when it is thrown back? I know you guys understand how crappy the word is.

Quoting denise3680: Lol what is it with white people and the "n" word. Making a big deal out of it. I thought this had been settled already if you want to say it, just say it. The only thing is own it when you say it and own the consequences also. I know you guys do not think the meaning is the same , do you?

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:46 PM

It just rolls off their tongues now days.

VooDooB
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh thank the Gods - a race post!

Does this mean gay week is over?
pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:30 PM

"Don't do as I say....don't do as I do......."

Quoting Radarma:

What is it with black people throwing that word around and then crying when it is thrown back? I know you guys understand how crappy the word is.

Quoting denise3680: Lol what is it with white people and the "n" word. Making a big deal out of it. I thought this had been settled already if you want to say it, just say it. The only thing is own it when you say it and own the consequences also. I know you guys do not think the meaning is the same , do you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)