Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bobby Jindal Has Cleared Up The Indiana Issue....

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM
  • 23 Replies
6 moms liked this

....by saying that the changes to the law were disappointing because the original intent of the law was to allow Christian businesses to refuse service for weddings to gays because of their deeply held religious belief.

Just saying, for the people who were insisting that the bill had nothing to do with that.....

ETA:  They have now posted the transcript.  This is the beginning of the discussion:

CHUCK TODD:

Well, let me ask you this. Do you agree with some other social conservatives that you think Governors Pence and Governor Hutchinson of Arkansas and Indiana have essentially caved to too much pressure?

BOBBY JINDAL:

Well, Chuck, I was very worried about the law in Indiana. I'm disappointed. Let's remember what this debate was originally all about. This is about business owners that don't wanna have to choose between their Christian faith, their sincerely held religious beliefs, and being able to operate their businesses.

Now, what they don't want is the government to force them to participate in wedding ceremonies that contradict their beliefs. They simply want the right to say, "We don't wanna be forced to participate in those ceremonies." So I was disappointed that you could see Christians and their businesses face discrimination in Indiana.

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this
Well, it is primary season. The wing nuts must be pandered to. 😉
romalove
by Roma on Apr. 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Luvnlogic: Well, it is primary season. The wing nuts must be pandered to. 😉

It reminds me of the people who argue about the Civil War, that it was about State's Rights and not about slavery.

Except the state's right they were worried about was slavery lol.

LGA1165
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep !
Ugh .

Quoting Luvnlogic: Well, it is primary season. The wing nuts must be pandered to. 😉
JustCJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

You really shouldn't talk about gay folks that way.

Lady_Facetious
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:12 PM
I can believe he said that but do you have a link
GrettieMeh
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I love gay folks :D  I'm glad you do too!!!

Happy Easter!

Quoting JustCJ:

romalove
by Roma on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Quoting Lady_Facetious: I can believe he said that but do you have a link

I'll check.  I wrote this as I was watching the interview, it was on Meet the Press.

Normally they have transcripts available online, but it may be too soon.  Give me a sec.

ETA:  Too soon, last transcript is from March.  As soon as it is available I can link it.

allycally
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Well he is not the sharpest tool in the shed...
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM

II guess Christian business will just refuse gay weddings being silent with the  reason, since that's within the law...well only in the states that have laws regarding gays as being a protected class, because without that protection it's within the law to openly discriminate like how the Muslim bakers did and that was okay. 

JustCJ
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Me too and Happy Easter to you as well.

Quoting GrettieMeh:

I love gay folks :D  I'm glad you do too!!!

Happy Easter!

Quoting JustCJ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)