Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If someone forces you to bake a cake for a gay wedding, bake for them two. Matthew 5:41

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:03 PM
  • 44 Replies
3 moms liked this
by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DivingDiva
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Very well-said.   

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:28 PM
BUMP!
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Not sure how the author came to such a misunderstanding of the scripture.  I guess we can add this to liberal false narrative syndrome.  

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sure he says the same about you. See how that works? Run along now.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Not sure how the author came to such a misunderstanding of the scripture.  I guess we can add this to liberal false narrative syndrome.  

Momniscient
by Obama licker on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
It's like you're hipster cm poster. The irony has to be intentional.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

terpmama
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:45 PM
I'm not a theologian... Could you please expand on you thought so that I may understand your meaning? In what ways has the author misunderstood the scripture (in your opinion)? I'm not being snarky, I'm genuinely interested (feel free to pm if you'd rather not post here).

Quoting 12hellokitty:

idunno1234
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Do tell.... I'm interested in hearing a specific, well laid out fact based argument for discriminating against homosexuals and proof that the OP's interpretation is wrong regarding Jesus's message.

I would also like to know how this message of discrimination that you think is okay actually improves humanity as opposed to giving us yet another excuse to be shitty to fellow human beings. 

Quoting 12hellokitty:

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

The scripture was at a time when Jews had no say in Roman Laws. It's really not surprising you have latched on to the false narrative presented in the article.....

Quoting ashellbell: I'm sure he says the same about you. See how that works? Run along now.
Quoting 12hellokitty:

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:05 PM

Mmm.....so this part of the bible does not apply to modern times even though it is new testament? This is your justification for how you pick and choose? Why does this not count and others in the bible, which applied to different times as they were written during different times do?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

The scripture was at a time when Jews had no say in Roman Laws. It's really not surprising you have latched on to the false narrative presented in the article.....

Quoting ashellbell: I'm sure he says the same about you. See how that works? Run along now.
Quoting 12hellokitty:

Nerds Without Pants

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 5, 2015 at 6:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Latched on? Lol I'm an atheist. I don't latch on to any of those notions. I thought it was a nice article written by a non bigoted Christian. You don't see many as loving and caring as this one, it was refreshing.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)