Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A New Jersey woman gave birth to twins with two separate fathers

Posted by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:13 PM
  • 11 Replies

PATERSON -- 

A New Jersey judge has ruled that a pair of twins has different fathers.

Passaic County Judge Sohail Mohammad made the ruling Monday in a paternity case.

It's possible but rare for a woman to give birth to twins with two fathers. Mohammad says he found just two other court cases nationally on such matters.

It can happen when the woman has sexual intercourse with and egg fertilized by two different men.

This instance came to light when a Passaic County woman sought child-support payments from a man she thought was the father her daughters, who were born in January 2013.

Paternity tests showed he was almost certainly the father of one but excluded him as the dad of the other.

The man, identified only "A.S.," owes $28 per week.

by on May. 7, 2015 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof2n0308
by Member on May. 7, 2015 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
That's just crazy. So many questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
billsfan1104
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:09 PM
I saw an episode in Maury that had a woman test twins,because she wasn't sur r which one was the father. The catch was that the had some freak thing where they both had the same DNA or something, and they couldn't tell who the father was.
armywifey1983
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:17 PM

I remember one from years ago, where the woman was accused of sleeping with her dh's identical twin and having his child. When both men were tested, they both were identified as the father. The woman looked like she was about to pass out, until Maury explained that identical twins had identical dna, so they would both test positive using that particular test. However, there were other ways to determine which twin was daddy. 

Quoting billsfan1104: I saw an episode in Maury that had a woman test twins,because she wasn't sur r which one was the father. The catch was that the had some freak thing where they both had the same DNA or something, and they couldn't tell who the father was.

Luvnlogic
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Weird! Have fun explaining that one to them, Mom. I'm guessing it'll be "do as I say, not as I do" sex ed rather than "abstinence only" in that house. 😉

On another note, the dad only pays $28 a week??? That barely covers diapers. Wow.
billsfan1104
by on May. 7, 2015 at 7:41 PM
That's the one!!! Hahahah

Quoting armywifey1983:

I remember one from years ago, where the woman was accused of sleeping with her dh's identical twin and having his child. When both men were tested, they both were identified as the father. The woman looked like she was about to pass out, until Maury explained that identical twins had identical dna, so they would both test positive using that particular test. However, there were other ways to determine which twin was daddy. 

Quoting billsfan1104: I saw an episode in Maury that had a woman test twins,because she wasn't sur r which one was the father. The catch was that the had some freak thing where they both had the same DNA or something, and they couldn't tell who the father was.

mrsary
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 7:47 PM
The low child support caught my eyes too.

Quoting Luvnlogic: Weird! Have fun explaining that one to them, Mom. I'm guessing it'll be "do as I say, not as I do" sex ed rather than "abstinence only" in that house. 😉

On another note, the dad only pays $28 a week??? That barely covers diapers. Wow.
anxiousschk
by anxiouss on May. 7, 2015 at 10:15 PM

I totally thought this was something I only saw on soap operas (As the World Turns, Blake had twins by two different men).  

Huh.  Learn something new everyday. 

LGA1165
by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Quoting anxiousschk:

I totally thought this was something I only saw on soap operas (As the World Turns, Blake had twins by two different men).  

Guiding Light---one father was Rick Bauer and  other father was Ross Marler...they thought. But it turned out Ross was the father of both. 

LOL.

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on May. 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That was it!  

Totally mixed up my CBS soaps :)  

Quoting LGA1165:

Quoting anxiousschk:

Guiding Light---one father was Rick Bauer and  other father was Ross Marler...they thought. But it turned out Ross was the father of both. 

LOL.

LGA1165
by on May. 7, 2015 at 10:56 PM

:)

I watched both soaps. I taped them every day and rushed home from work to watch them every night. I MISS THEM!  crying mini

Quoting anxiousschk:

That was it!  

Totally mixed up my CBS soaps :)  

Quoting LGA1165:

Quoting anxiousschk:

LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)