Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At Least 9 Dead After Shootout Between Biker Gangs In Waco, Texas - Breaking911

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:07 PM
  • 47 Replies
WACPO, Texas — Multiple people are reported dead, at least 9 and several others injured after a shoot-out between biker gangs in Waco.

The incident is at the ‘Twin-Peaks’ business, a quick google search said Twin Peaks is “a sports-bar chain where scantily clad waitresses serve American comfort food in lodgelike surrounds.”

A fight between the gangs spilled from inside the bar and into the parking lot. The brawl included chains, knives, bats, clubs, and firearms, reports said.

At about 2 p.m. a second crime scene was being investigated at the Waco Convention Center but only very few details were known about the situation there. A third shooting has reportedly taken place at Central Texas Marketplace.

Officers are also swarmming a Flying J Truck Stop, at Interstate 35 because a large number of bikers had been seen gathering there, KWTX reported.

Police are asking people to avoid the area as it is an active crime scene.

No police officers are reported to be injured. It is unknown if any patrons were injured. The Waco police made the following comment via Facebook: ‘Please avoid the Central Texas Market Place. Officers are working a shooting at Twin Peaks and the area is not safe…. Multiple injuries to include multiple fatalities at Twin Peak Shooting. Officers were on scene when shooting started. No officers have been injured.’

Waco is a city which is the county seat of McLennan County, Texas, United States. It is situated along the Brazos River and I-35, halfway between Dallas and Austin.

http://breaking911.com/developing-mass-casualty-incident-after-massive-biker-brawl-in-waco-texas-more/

by on May. 17, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
broboxer
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Biker Thugs
EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM
This is why they should never allow color's in a bar.
Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 17, 2015 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been around so many good bikers that this comment just has me shaking my head. Do you assume people are so stupid as to react to simply another person's wearing of 'colors'? This isn't a B Movie. Something set this off but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a red handkerchief hanging out of some guys butt pocket.

Quoting EireLass: This is why they should never allow color's in a bar.

~Parenting is not a Competitive Sport~
EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 5:39 PM
I have been a biker for many, many years. Its about power, territory, etc. I dont assume anything, its what I know, what ive seen. This is the reason why many business owners wont let you in with colors on.
Quoting Woodbabe:

I've been around so many good bikers that this comment just has me shaking my head. Do you assume people are so stupid as to react to simply another person's wearing of 'colors'? This isn't a B Movie. Something set this off but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a red handkerchief hanging out of some guys butt pocket.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on May. 17, 2015 at 5:41 PM

I guess we obviously hang out with a different class of bikers then :)

Quoting EireLass: I have been a biker for many, many years. Its about power, territory, etc. I dont assume anything, its what I know, what ive seen. This is the reason why many business owners wont let you in with colors on.
Quoting Woodbabe:

~Parenting is not a Competitive Sport~
LGA1165
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Colors ?
Obviously , I'm not a biker . My son in law has a Harley and friends he rides with but I have not heard him mention colors .

Quoting EireLass: I have been a biker for many, many years. Its about power, territory, etc. I dont assume anything, its what I know, what ive seen. This is the reason why many business owners wont let you in with colors on.
Quoting Woodbabe:

momtimesx4
by on May. 17, 2015 at 6:34 PM

About 3 different rival gangs according to live press conference...police knew there was going to be trouble and moved in as soon as the fighting escalated.  

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 17, 2015 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Three shooting spots all gang related?

I hope there were no people in the public hurt

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on May. 17, 2015 at 6:54 PM

gang colours/patches  are outlawed here.  You are arrested if you wear them outside of your home or clubhouse.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:04 PM

I don't wear them. Nor do I hang out with them. But I don't wear blinders.

Quoting Woodbabe:

I guess we obviously hang out with a different class of bikers then :)

Quoting Woodbabe:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)