• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Portraits of transgender children reveal "the person they feel they truly are"

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
by on May. 17, 2015 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pandora_13
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 8:49 PM

Beautiful pictures. I would have never guessed that ANY of those kids were born the opposite gender than what they are photographed. Kudos to their parents/grandparents for the unconditional love and support they have shown them.

“I don't think..." then you shouldn't talk, said the Hatter.”― Alice in Wonderland

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 17, 2015 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
They really are beautiful pictures and it actually helped me gain a bit of perspective on transgendered children. I've always kind of thought that maybe kids that were under 12 didn't fully understand what they wanted, ya know? I wanted to be a mermaid when I was 6, so I thought of it in terms like that. I understand it's much deeper than that, it's your being. You always feel and understand that.

Quoting Pandora_13:

Beautiful pictures. I would have never guessed that ANY of those kids were born the opposite gender than what they are photographed. Kudos to their parents/grandparents for the unconditional love and support they have shown them.

lancet98
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:21 PM

Cute pics!   Looks like all the kids knew what they were doing and made the right choice. 

A few years ago a gal I knew very slightly, and didn't see very often, came up to me and said she wanted me to take her son - without adopting him or 'putting him through the system' because 'no one would want him' and 'that would take forever'.  

She'd had a beer or two - she wasn't drunk, but she was loosened up a little.

He had been diagnosed with gender dysphoria at a rather young age and he wanted to take the blocker medication and make a decision about what else to do, at the advised time.

She said if I didn't take him, she was going to kill him.   

'Every time I see him, every time I look at him, I want to kill him.   I can't believe I gave birth to this evil, deformed sick f***** up thing.   It's not even human'.

I said fine, I'll take him.

I never saw her again, so I don't know what happened.   I didn't know her last name or where she lived, and no one else I talked to seemed to know who she was.

She scared the cr** out of me, though.   I don't know if I've ever seen anyone more full of hate.

To me, it's a kid.   I don't care if it's dressed in blue, pink, or purple with yellow polka dots.   It's still a kid.

Elkamelka
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2015 at 12:15 AM
Beautiful people with beautiful stories. Anyone who thinks young children don't understand who they really are should see this.
RaverLady
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2015 at 6:45 AM

I was not expecting to be so moved.  Beautiful pics, thanks for posting.

JayDoll
by on May. 18, 2015 at 6:53 AM

Beautiful pictures and beautiful children. :)

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 18, 2015 at 10:27 AM
Omg. That's awful. I hope that child is ok.

Quoting lancet98:

Cute pics!   Looks like all the kids knew what they were doing and made the right choice. 

A few years ago a gal I knew very slightly, and didn't see very often, came up to me and said she wanted me to take her son - without adopting him or 'putting him through the system' because 'no one would want him' and 'that would take forever'.  

He had been diagnosed with gender dysphoria at a rather young age and he wanted to take the blocker medication and make a decision about what else to do, at the advised time.

She said if I didn't take him, she was going to kill him.   

'Every time I see him, every time I look at him, I want to kill him.   I can't believe I gave birth to this evil, deformed sick f***** up thing.   It's not even human'.

I said fine, I'll take him.

I never saw her again, so I don't know what happened.   I didn't know her last name or where she lived, and no one else I talked to seemed to know who she was.

She scared the cr** out of me, though.   I don't know if I've ever seen anyone more full of hate.

To me, it's a kid.   I don't care if it's dressed in blue, pink, or purple with yellow polka dots.   It's still a kid.

ashellbell
by shellbark on May. 18, 2015 at 10:28 AM
I didn't expect it either. It was so personal.

Quoting RaverLady:

I was not expecting to be so moved.  Beautiful pics, thanks for posting.

lancet98
by Gold Member on May. 18, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I bought a bed, sheet sets, a dresser, ipod, stayed up all night after work two nights cleaning out my spare room.... i was ready.   Never saw her again.  i just hope to God someone took that child away from her.  

Also sat for a kid who the mother despised because he was effeminate.   I believe he had gender dysphoria and needed some serious help to feel accepted and worthwhile and plan for his future.  On his fourth birthday (no party, of course), he was sitting on the steps in my garage, telling me he wished he would just die.  I was 17, I was so ignorant and I really didn't know how to respond.  Very often I think of how little I helped that kid.  

FOUR.

Why torture a little kid like that?   So you want to be a girl?  So what!   Be a girl!  Be what makes you happy.  Be what you feel best being.   Grow up and have a wonderful life.   There's enough death and sadness in life without deliberately creating more of it.  Go be a girl, or a boy, or whatever you think will do you best.

Quoting ashellbell: Omg. That's awful. I hope that child is ok.
Quoting lancet98:

She said if I didn't take him, she was going to kill him....

mamatink7
by on May. 18, 2015 at 7:04 PM
What beautiful children they ALL are. Those children are truly blessed by having such great and accepting adults in their lives.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)