Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Submissive Wives

Posted by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:39 PM
  • 64 Replies
I am watching a new show on TLC called Submissive Wives Guide to Marriage.
Now, I have been told that being a submissive doesn't mean being told what to do and so forth.
This woman blows that out of the woman.
She says to submit, cook dinner let the man do everything.
Could any of you do this?? Would you be a submissive wife.
This show has got me intrigued.
by on May. 17, 2015 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms.KitKat
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:42 PM
6 moms liked this

There is a forum on cm for submissive wives.

To answer your question though- no, I can not be submissive. And thankfully my dh does not want such a wife either. We are partners. 

Lady_Facetious
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:45 PM
I haven't even heard of the show.
heldcaptiveby2
by Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:47 PM
Hell No!
Shannon0527
by New Member on May. 17, 2015 at 9:48 PM
I could never be submissive but I do have what some friends say are submissive qualities. I don't expect my husband to cook or clean, I actually feel a little uncomfortable when he does. He's more than willing. I just really like taking care of my family. From what I gather it's much more than that though lol. If my husband wasn't appreciative, or tried to control my clothing or choices in friends-that side of it would never ever fly with me lol. I'm going to have to check out this show, it's always made me curious.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm. I haven't seen the show.

I was a "traditional wife" long before I heard it coined as "submissive" here on Cafemom. I suppose I do "submit," in that I recognize my husband as the head of our home, but I have a hard time discussing it because when people hear submissive, they seem to consider it in terms of what they've seen now - the books, the shows, the movies, etc. For us, it is simply how we were raised (DH and myself) and what we naturally fall into coming from fairly conservative, traditional upbringings.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

javakitty2011
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:12 PM

I watched it and laughed all the way through it

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:12 PM
And how you describe it, that's how I thoght it was. But this woman takes it to a new level, she makes it look bad

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Hmm. I haven't seen the show.

I was a "traditional wife" long before I heard it coined as "submissive" here on Cafemom. I suppose I do "submit," in that I recognize my husband as the head of our home, but I have a hard time discussing it because when people hear submissive, they seem to consider it in terms of what they've seen now - the books, the shows, the movies, etc. For us, it is simply how we were raised (DH and myself) and what we naturally fall into coming from fairly conservative, traditional upbringings.

billsfan1104
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:14 PM
She makes looking submissive bad. She literally lets her husband do everything and she submits to everything. I was like WTf??

Quoting javakitty2011:

I watched it and laughed all the way through it

HelloSweetie619
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2015 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I am submissive in the religious sense that we follow the Biblical model for marriage. But I do not cook and clean and wait on him hand and foot. It doesn't mean I am controlled or brainwashed. Our day to day consists of us working together as a team and talking through things together. He is the head of our house in the sense that if for some reason a big issue comes up that we can not agree on then there are times I will take a step back and let him do what he think is best knowing he has me and our family in his heart and that he wants the best for both of us. 

We are equal we just have different roles and responsiblities within our marriage and family. 

javakitty2011
by on May. 17, 2015 at 10:17 PM

*dress like a hoochi mama*     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)