Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bigots Cheer Inferno At Muslim Day Care Center, Muslim Community Responds With Epic Roast

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:39 AM
  • 10 Replies

Bigots Cheer Inferno At Muslim Day Care Center, Muslim Community Responds With Epic Roast (VIDEO)

JUNE 2, 2015 10:29 AM

When a Muslim day care center suffered a devastating fire at the end of April this year, bigots shared the video footage online with gleeful celebration. But the Muslim community came up with an absolutely hilarious way to respond: an epic roast of their own.

On April 27, 2015, more than sixty children were in day care at the Islamic Society of Tampa, Florida, when a fire started in a rooftop air conditioner at about 4:30 P.M. Firefighters were called to battle a two-alarm fire at the scene while racing to save the children from the fire engulfing the building. Thankfully, everyone made it out alive and mostly uninjured. Civil Rights Director for CAIR Florida, Thania Diaz Clevenger, said:
“The first thing they told me, what they’re grateful about, that’s the first words out of their mouth — the kids are fine, the teachers are fine.”

While most people viewed this as a near-catastrophe and were filled with relief that all escaped injury, a depressingly high number of people took to social media to celebrate the fire and lament the lack of fatalities. Former Colorado firefighter and Boy Scout leader Bob Shepard, said:

“Let it burn!!!”

He also commented:

“Bomb making class go wrong again??????”

Another comment read:

“Burn them all down and deport them all.”

Some posts even expressed a hope that the children at the day care would die. One stated:

“I hope it was full of Muslim trash.”

Another declares:

“Time for a pig roast in Tampa.”

Inspired by the videos of celebrities reading out mean tweets about themselves, Tampa-based production company Peace Housetook some of these hateful tweets and produced a video of Muslims reading and reacting to them. The result is a completely thrilling experience in which Muslims get to laugh in the face of the ridiculous claims made about them by bigots. It is evident from the video which group has the most humanity, and more closely represent the values of most of us watching — and it’s not the bigots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=21&v=i3iGYcfi3hI

by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WaterorWine
by Χριστιανός on Jun. 2, 2015 at 11:53 AM
Glad to see you defend an abrahamic religion that is even more conservative than any Christian that ever lived ;-)

AND, I'm very glad that no one was harmed. Anyone who would wish harm on innocent children goes beyond bigotry to downright evil. If I'm even allowed to use the superstitious term "evil" these days.
nanaofsix531
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:20 PM

Glad to see these people didn't get down in the gutter with the bigot's but made something good out of a bad situation. 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Next they should make a video reading facebook comments from ISIS.

Pema_Jampa
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

This Is How People In The Middle East Are Making Fun Of ISIS

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/29/humor-isis_n_5737500.html

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Pema_Jampa
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:25 PM

http://www.newsweek.com/ignored-and-unreported-muslim-cartoonists-are-poking-fun-isis-332040

Quoting 12hellokitty:

shannonnigans
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 2:58 PM
Do you have info that the day care center is affiliated with or supports ISIS?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pandora_13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:26 PM

How anyone could wish harm on other humans is despicable - to wish it on children, horrendous. Happy to hear they made it out and good on the Muslim group for keeping positive and not resorting to the same hate they were so graciously given.

“I don't think..." then you shouldn't talk, said the Hatter.”― Alice in Wonderland

Healthystart30
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Quoting 12hellokitty:

Why?
PamR
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:03 PM

There's another thread about how liberals are making America coarser - yet here we have people who are no doubt conservative making fun of a situation that could have killed innocent children 

Reading.Rainbow
by Sif on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:07 PM

I might hurt these people if they were in front of me.

I'd need Jesus...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)