Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cop Who Broke Tragic News to Grieving Teen Shows Up At His Graduation

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM
  • 0 Replies
A Texas police officer attended a grieving teen’s graduation just a week after informing the student of his parents’ deaths.

Lt. Eric Ellison had to break the tragic news to 18-year-old Kazzie Portie that his parents had died in a motorcycle crash. Riley and Emily Portie were killed when a pickup truck slammed into their motorcycle on May 24.

Ellison promised Portie that he would attend his high school graduation, which was held this weekend. The crowd erupted as Portie walked across the stage to accept his diploma. Ellison was waiting at the other side of the stage to give Portie a hug.

“I walked up on the stage, he looked at me and I looked at him, and we both cried, and that's OK,” Ellison told 12News. “I told him, ‘You're going to walk, and your folks are going to have a front row seat, and I'm going to be there.'”

Ellison said that breaking the news to Portie was one of the toughest things he has ever had to do.

The lieutenant said that he is humbled by the positive attention that this story has received.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/02/cop-who-broke-tragic-news-grieving-teen-shows-his-graduation
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)