Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Fluff* I'm getting fat.

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM
  • 14 Replies
Well, I'm getting there. I've gained 25 pounds in the last year. No change in eating/exercise habits. Maybe turning 41 has something to do with it.

Gals, give me your weight gain/loss stories. If you've lost, please share your tips on losing.

By the way, I've had thyroid blood work -it runs in my family - and my thyroid is working just wonderfully apparently.
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JonJon
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:25 PM

Why Your Thyroid Test is Wrong–And What to Do About It.

http://wholenewmom.com/health-concerns/tsh-hypothyroid-thyroid-test/
jcrew6
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I have been from a size 2 to a size 16 in my adult life.  After 40 my body didn't take to my usual diet and exercise. I made changes.  Mainly removing white sugar, caffeine, and white flour.  Learning new recipes. And even changing my exercises.

Just removing those 3 things from my diet~ I lost 25 pounds in about 8 weeks time.  Then, when I added new exercises I lost another 25 pounds and am to a healthy weight/size 6-8.

Now, I maintain by ensuring calories in vs calories out are at sustainable levels.  If I eat a piece of cake at a wedding~ I make sure my exercise for that day reflects those choices. 

Good Luck.  Every BODY is different and you will find what your trigger is and make the necessary changes. 

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:35 PM

The 40s are the worst, IMO.

I have never been big, but I'm shorter, so every lb shows.

I am happy being your average size 8-

What I hate most is the shift of weight to the belly area- hate that.

Retrokitty
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:37 PM
I've been counting calories and watching whay I eat. I've lost 10 pounds in less than 2 months.

When you grow older your matobolisim slows so you can either eat less or exercise more.
Stephanie329
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Do you mind me asking how many calories you allow yourself per day?

Quoting Retrokitty: I've been counting calories and watching whay I eat. I've lost 10 pounds in less than 2 months.

When you grow older your matobolisim slows so you can either eat less or exercise more.
Stephanie329
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too:(

I think the entire 25lbs went to my damn gut!

Quoting Sisteract:

The 40s are the worst, IMO.

I have never been big, but I'm shorter, so every lb shows.

I am happy being your average size 8-

What I hate most is the shift of weight to the belly area- hate that.

Retrokitty
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Here's a good calculator. I'm short and small built so 1200 is plenty for me. But not many can eat that little.

Quoting Stephanie329: Do you mind me asking how many calories you allow yourself per day?

Quoting Retrokitty: I've been counting calories and watching whay I eat. I've lost 10 pounds in less than 2 months.

Stephanie329
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
So glad this worked for you. I've seriously considered cutting out caffeine and white sugar (I have celiac so I'm already off flour).

Quoting jcrew6:

I have been from a size 2 to a size 16 in my adult life.  After 40 my body didn't take to my usual diet and exercise. I made changes.  Mainly removing white sugar, caffeine, and white flour.  Learning new recipes. And even changing my exercises.

Just removing those 3 things from my diet~ I lost 25 pounds in about 8 weeks time.  Then, when I added new exercises I lost another 25 pounds and am to a healthy weight/size 6-8.

Now, I maintain by ensuring calories in vs calories out are at sustainable levels.  If I eat a piece of cake at a wedding~ I make sure my exercise for that day reflects those choices. 

Good Luck.  Every BODY is different and you will find what your trigger is and make the necessary changes. 

Stephanie329
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:14 PM
Thank you.

Quoting Retrokitty: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Here's a good calculator. I'm short and small built so 1200 is plenty for me. But not many can eat that little.

Quoting Stephanie329: Do you mind me asking how many calories you allow yourself per day?

Stephanie329
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you:) I will read this after work.

Quoting JonJon:

Why Your Thyroid Test is Wrong–And What to Do About It.

http://wholenewmom.com/health-concerns/tsh-hypothyroid-thyroid-test/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)