Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good thing someone nearby was armed. . .right?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:16 PM
  • 7 Replies

HOUSTON -- One man is injured after a carjacking and shooting at a gas station in north Houston Saturday night.

Houston police responded to a shooting call around 11:15 p.m. Saturday at a Valero gas station on Jensen Drive at Reid Street in north Houston. Officials say two men jumped another man in the gas station parking lot and took the victim's Chevrolet pickup truck. Police say a witness then pulled out a gun and began shooting at the suspects, accidentally hitting the carjacking victim in the head.

The victim was transported to a nearby hospital where he remains in stable condition. Police say the witness who shot at the suspects picked up shell casings and left the scene. Police found the stolen pickup truck about a mile down the road but are still searching for the suspects.

----------------------------------------------------------

My opinion?

This witness should be arrested, and any right to have a gun at least temporarily suspended.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/09/27/one-man-injured-after-carjacking-shooting-at-gas-station/72923278/

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
erika9009
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Well, it's Texas. Property is almost considered human there. Plus, it was the guys pick up. That's like a child to some Texas families.

With all that, the shooter should not have intervened since it was just property. However, I'm just a CA girl who has her own guns and only shoots at targets
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:04 PM
:(
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:54 PM
3 moms liked this

This is why I do not want guns in schools. 

Many people seem to overestimate their skill sets.

The person should have consequences.

PamR
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Yes. 

Then there's the lady at a Home Depot who spotted some shoplifters and started shooting at them.  Call security, but don't shoot.

Quoting Sisteract:

Lady_Facetious
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:49 PM
The shooter should be charged.

In Texas, the castle law extends to your own personal vehicle, not someone else's.
Momniscient
by Obama licker on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:14 PM
Agreed.

Quoting Sisteract:

PinkButterfly66
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM

The moron who shot the hijack victim should be charged with attempted murder and have all his guns taken away permanently.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)