Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman sent card with u/s photos from clinic after abortion procedure

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM
  • 80 Replies

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/10/06/woman-receives-shocking-sympathy-card-with-ultrasound-photos-o/21245777/

Woman receives shocking 'sympathy card' with ultrasound photos of aborted fetus from clinic

A 29-year-old woman from Hull, East Yorkshire was traumatized after receiving a "sympathy card" with ultrasound images of her aborted fetus from the clinic where she had an abortion.

Nicky Windsor complained to the clinic after not being offered the choice of a single burial after having the abortion. She was completely stunned when, in response to the complaints, the clinic sent her ultrasound pictures of the aborted fetus. Windsor claims that she's had nightmares since receiving the card. The card reads, "Nicki, hope this gives you some comfort." Windsor said:

"I couldn't believe my eyes. It's absolutely disgraceful. I've never known anything like it. What were they trying to do to me? Why on earth would I want scan pictures? Going through a procedure like that is traumatic enough so to have it all brought back to me in the way that they did was absolutely shocking. When I first got the card I thought it was a nice gesture but when I opened it up and saw two baby scans it absolutely shattered me. It was just an awful feeling. It felt as if I had to go through the loss all over again."

Windsor started making complaints on June 28 after claiming that she wasn't offered the choice of a single rather than a mass burial or cremation. She said:

"After I had my procedure I should have been given the option for a single burial or cremation. I didn't have that so I felt like I never got the chance to grieve properly and you can't get that back. It felt like my chance had gone so I made a complaint and made a few calls. I think that's why they sent me the letter - as a way of saying sorry but it's just shocking."

Conifer House provides a range of healthcare services and is administered by City Health Care Partnership CIC. In a statement, City Health Care Partnership CIC's chief executive Andrew Burnell said:

"I would like to apologize on behalf of City Health Care Partnership CIC for any actions we may have taken that have caused unnecessary distress. It is never our intention to cause upset or worry and if we have done so on this occasion I'd like to take this opportunity to say how sorry we are. We are looking at the patient's claim very carefully and will fully investigate this incident through our normal procedures and processes; we would like to assure the individual that any necessary actions highlighted by this investigation will be implemented."

Windsor is extremely upset about the pictures and says that sending scans to women who had abortions could cause serious depression.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:00 PM

How awful.  I wonder if they still are doing this?  

Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:05 PM
4 moms liked this
To anyone who believes this actually happened... I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale, real cheap. I'm practically giving it away. PM me! Lol
angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:09 PM
4 moms liked this

She got an an abortion why does she care about burial? 

momof31995
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM
3 moms liked this
My thoughts exactly she chose it. Now she wants to boohoo about burial? Using liberal logic who wants to bury a bunch of cells.
JTROX
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

According to many pro-choicers abortion is not traumatic....

Supervane
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:38 PM
That's what I'm thinking

Quoting angelachristine:

She got an an abortion why does she care about burial? 

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:04 PM

This is really odd.

To the best of my knowledge, burial options aren't provided after an early abortion, anywhere. I have to wonder if it was a medically necessary procedure?

Weird.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

That's because it's not, for about 95 to 99% of the people who chose to have one.

So I have to wonder if this was a medically necessary thing. It's odd - sort of like some information is missing.

Quoting JTROX:

JTROX
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:09 PM

I don't get her outrage if it was a convenience abortion.  

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

That's because it's not, for about 95 to 99% of the people who chose to have one.

So I have to wonder if this was a medically necessary thing. It's odd - sort of like some information is missing.

Quoting JTROX:

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:10 PM
Weird story
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)