Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Personal dilemma: how would you handle this

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:30 PM
  • 48 Replies
I live in a small town so everyone knows everyone. I have 2 brothers and 3 sisters.Out of 6 of us my one sister lives like a pig her house is so full of garbage you can't walk on the floor and if that is not bad enough they bathe only 2x a month. They have 2 kids and they smell so bad that you know they are around before you see them. We have cleaned her house several times hoping she will keep it up but within a week or two it is right back where it was. I have tried talking to her even helped her make a schedule for cleaning so it's not overwhelming but nothing works. I want to help but am at a loss for how. What would you do?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kadcas
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Hire a house cleaner regularly.
Gabeys_Mommy
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I might consider a call to CPS. She can live however she wants as an adult, but those kids deserve way more..
hateaway
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell her to seek medical help for depression or something.

She's not fit to be a mom.. make her realize it
momof31995
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:45 PM
I can't afford that we were hoping she would realize how much nicer it is to live in a clean house. And I would be embarrassed for anyone outside the family to see how she lives.
momof31995
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM
CPS has been called but they have a locked gate and will not let them in
kadcas
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:51 PM
I think you have to leave the embarrassment behind. If it is anything like my small town everyone already knows. They are ill CPS will take away the kids and offer treatment. I can't believe that all your siblings can't put in 25 dollars a week for cleaning.

Quoting momof31995: I can't afford that we were hoping she would realize how much nicer it is to live in a clean house. And I would be embarrassed for anyone outside the family to see how she lives.
sj2014
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I guess call them again. You can't keep cps from investigating...even with 10 locked gates. If cps can't access the home and children, they get a LE assist.

Quoting momof31995: CPS has been called but they have a locked gate and will not let them in
canadianmom1974
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:00 PM
Do you have any way to have her evaluated for mental illness?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sj2014
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this
What does she say when you bring it up? What's her personality like? Lifestyle?
Has she always been this way? Does she have a trauma history? We're your parents oppressive?
MelanieJK
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:13 PM

This is a couple with two kids who are living like this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)