Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Third Republican Presidential Debate: The 6 Moments That Mattered

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

Third Republican Presidential Debate: The 6 Moments That Mattered

By Shushannah Walshe, RYAN STRUYK, Michael Falcone

At times it seemed the night was defined not by the candidates’ attacks on each other, but on the moderators who lobbed challenging and, at times, contentious questions at them.

Some fought back and some candidates, including Marco Rubio, John Kasich and Chris Christie, came out looking strong. But others, most notably Jeb Bush, needed a breakout moment that never came.

Here’s a look at the six moments that mattered at the third Republican presidential debate:

1. Rubio and Jeb take off the gloves
2. Ted Cruz vs. The Moderators
3. Kasich launches attacks on Trump and Carson
4. Donald Trump pushed to the sidelines
5. Ben Carson vs. “PC Culture”

6. Christie shuts down Bush

Read more here

What moments mattered most to YOU during this debate?

by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
btamilee
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I was not interested in the contentious questions, I was interested in hearing what the candidates have planned for our Country.  It was poorly moderated, and came across (at least to me) as if the moderators were trying to make it about them and their commentary and NOT about asking GOOD questions....that could have led to any informative answers.  I do have to say that for the most part......I felt the candidates handled themselves well, despite some of the ridiculous questions asked.

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:22 AM
4 moms liked this
I think the highlighted of the debate was Cruz calling them on their bullshit.
PamR
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Carpy: I think the highlighted of the debate was Cruz calling them on their bullshit.

Didn't watch the whole thing, but I did see that exchange.  Cruz is right about moderators of these debates not always actually addressing issues that are actually relevant to voters.  I also liked Christie's response to the fantasy football discussion. 

Carpy
by Emerald Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I did, too. Nobody cares about that with everything else going on in the world.

Quoting PamR:

Quoting Carpy: I think the highlighted of the debate was Cruz calling them on their bullshit.

Didn't watch the whole thing, but I did see that exchange.  Cruz is right about moderators of these debates not always actually addressing issues that are actually relevant to voters.  I also liked Christie's response to the fantasy football discussion. 

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly. With so many candidates moderators need to ask fewer questions and allow candidates more back and forth. If a question takes longer then a minute to ask more then a minute should be given for response. The moderators interrupted many times before the candidates had a chance to respond to the question. 

I think it was Cruz who brought up the point that none of the moderators would be voting in a Republican primary...after the debate he suggested having Hannity, Rush and Levin moderate. 

Quoting Carpy: I did, too. Nobody cares about that with everything else going on in the world.
Quoting PamR:

MomTiara19
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I didnt watch it.My family had the remote locked on the Mets channel.

Yet from all the clips of the debate.It looks like Cruz and other republicans were whining,bitching,moaning,and belly aching about unfairness from the media.

After Hillary endured about 18 hours of grueling attacks from republicans over Benghazi.Home girl Hillary...you got this!!They cant hold a candle to the inner strength of Hillary!!They are freaking pansies...lol..

No one on that platform is capable of being commander in chief .When they cant even withstand questions from a moderator!!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Oct. 29, 2015 at 10:45 AM

I turned it in, found myself running around town instead.  I have read that the candidates were upset with the types of questions asked.  The only part I actually heard was Trump telling one of the moderators whatever question was asked was nasty.

So it seems, from what I have seen so far, the spotlight is on the moderators and the questions asked versus any real meat of what any of the candidates had to say.

btamilee
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

.....I didn't see it as whining, bitching, moaning or belly aching...what I saw...was the moderators getting handed their asses and being called on the bullshit.  The moderators deserved everything that was thrown back at them. 

Quoting MomTiara19:

I didnt watch it.My family had the remote locked on the Mets channel.

Yet from all the clips of the debate.It looks like Cruz and other republicans were whining,bitching,moaning,and belly aching about unfairness from the media.

After Hillary endured about 18 hours of grueling attacks from republicans over Benghazi.Home girl Hillary...you got this!!They cant hold a candle to the inner strength of Hillary!!They are freaking pansies...lol..

No one on that platform is capable of being commander in chief .When they cant even withstand questions from a moderator!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)