Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New ISIS Video Threatens Washington DC: Following Paris Terror Attacks, Islamic State Says US Is Next

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:57 AM
  • 11 Replies

New ISIS Video Threatens Washington DC: Following Paris Terror Attacks, Islamic State Says US Is Next

The Islamic extremist militant group known as the Islamic State and ISIS released a video Monday threatening Washington, D.C., with terror attacks, following Friday's attacks in Paris, France, that killed 129 people and wounded several hundred more.

Militants wearing scarves spoke to the camera in the video, threatening that the U.S. would “suffer the same fate” as France. "We say to the states that part in the crusader campaign that, by God, you will have a day God willing, like France's and by God, as we struck France in the center of its abode in Paris, then we swear that we will strike America at its center in Washington," one militant said in the video, as reported by the Independent.

http://www.ibtimes.com/new-isis-video-threatens-washington-dc-following-paris-terror-attacks-islamic-state-2185967

by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:06 AM
Well then I guess it's good the USA & France have attacked ISIS in Syria. Hopefully we have done a good job. If there are ISIS training camps in the USA, they need to be taken out by special ops without bombs or the loss of innocent civilians. Personally, I wish that we had done the same in Syria, but we cannot risk those type of casualties in the USA. Period, end of story. We need to move very swiftly & decisively here & throughput Europe, as we did in Syria, only with special ops on land, not with bombs.
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:08 AM

Hopefully we will go about this in a way that will minimize the loss of life and bring the people who are under ISIS to justice.  And by justice I mean that they are brought to trial.  We are still a nation of morals, laws and codes.  We should not break those and lower ourselves to the level of these extremists.

Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:11 AM
But, loss of innocent life is fine in Syria?

Quoting Bookwormy: Well then I guess it's good the USA & France have attacked ISIS in Syria. Hopefully we have done a good job. If there are ISIS training camps in the USA, they need to be taken out by special ops without bombs or the loss of innocent civilians. Personally, I wish that we had done the same in Syria, but we cannot risk those type of casualties in the USA. Period, end of story. We need to move very swiftly & decisively here & throughput Europe, as we did in Syria, only with special ops on land, not with bombs.
zachsmom19
by New Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:12 AM
my state is on that list. Maryland :(
Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:14 AM
No, I said I wish we had done the same in Syria. That was because I did not want the loss of lives of innocent civilians. Read what I wrote please!

Quoting Momtoone07: But, loss of innocent life is fine in Syria?

Quoting Bookwormy: Well then I guess it's good the USA & France have attacked ISIS in Syria. Hopefully we have done a good job. If there are ISIS training camps in the USA, they need to be taken out by special ops without bombs or the loss of innocent civilians. Personally, I wish that we had done the same in Syria, but we cannot risk those type of casualties in the USA. Period, end of story. We need to move very swiftly & decisively here & throughput Europe, as we did in Syria, only with special ops on land, not with bombs.
Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:20 AM
Christ on a Cracker. I am two for two for misreading in this group this morning. I need more sleep or more caffeine. I'm leaving until I get one or the other. I apologize! I suck this morning. Lol

Quoting Bookwormy: No, I said I wish we had done the same in Syria. That was because I did not want the loss of lives of innocent civilians. Read what I wrote please!

Bookwormy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:22 AM
OK, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make your feel like shit!

Quoting Momtoone07: Christ on a Cracker. I am two for two for misreading in this group this morning. I need more sleep or more caffeine. I'm leaving until I get one or the other. I apologize! I suck this morning. Lol

Quoting Bookwormy: No, I said I wish we had done the same in Syria. That was because I did not want the loss of lives of innocent civilians. Read what I wrote please!

Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol No, you totally didn't. I'm laughing at myself. Luckily, I don't have issues apologizing. Lol

Quoting Bookwormy: OK, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make your feel like shit!

Quoting Momtoone07: Christ on a Cracker. I am two for two for misreading in this group this morning. I need more sleep or more caffeine. I'm leaving until I get one or the other. I apologize! I suck this morning. Lol

talia-mom
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Innocent people die in wars. Usually people prefer it to happen to the other side, if it has to happen, than to them,

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:18 AM

It already happened in the US, majorly,  in 2001.

Sometimes you eff with people for decades, they eff with you back.

Violence begets violence.

Where's all the tough people now?

Where's the well armed militia?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)