Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sarah Palin blames God for her daughters pregnancies.

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:20 AM
  • 45 Replies

Former Alaska Governor and Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin has an interesting explanation as to why her unwed daughter Bristol Palin (once a prominent abstinence only spokesperson) seems to have issues with unwanted pregnancies.

In an interview CBS correspondent Tracy Smith told Palin:

“Bristol is pregnant again. That can’t be how you saw this playing out, unmarried and pregnant again.”

Palin replied:

“Heck, no! Because being a single mom is — oh, my goodness. My heart goes out to the single parents. But my enormous admiration for what they’re able to accomplish doing double duty. And I watch Bristol do double duty all the time with her little boy, Tripp.”

Palin beamed:

“I can’t wait for about 45 more days and I’m going to have a little baby granddaughter. And I’m happy about it.”

Smith said to Palin:

“Of course, there are those who say, ‘Come on, this goes against everything you stand for.’”

Palin replied:

“Well, the cool thing about putting your faith in God, is he certainly is a God of second chances and third and fourth and fifth chances.”

Palin also made reference to the failed 2008 presidential campaign.

“Well it takes a team to win, so it takes a team to lose. I was part of a team that came in second… out of two.”

“So yeah, semantics! Okay, words matter. You either win or you lose. We lost. That makes you not a winner — at that time.”

With the rise of Donald Trump and Ben Carson, many fear that we may not have seen the last of Palin’s days as a candidate or even worst as an elected official.

It’s clear that the current climate within the GOP may produce the perfect dark and damp ignorant conditions for politicians like Palin to grow in number. Let’s us hope that sunlight prevails in 2016 – or else.

by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Only for her precious daughter, those second and third chances.   

momof31995
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:29 AM
Where does she blame God?
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:31 AM

God just keeps giving Bristol chances.  Notice how she doesn't hold her daughter accountable for her pregnancies.  Nope, it's all because God gives 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

Quoting momof31995: Where does she blame God?

momof31995
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Really? I didn't take that as blaming god but praising him for giving 2nd 3rd and 4th chances. I think this is more about Sarah Palin than anything had it been Killary saying the same about Chelsea you would have been fine with it.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

God just keeps giving Bristol chances.  Notice how she doesn't hold her daughter accountable for her pregnancies.  Nope, it's all because God gives 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

Ryansmom2004
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:37 AM
If God was truly in control he wouldn't let druggies get pregnant, basically ruining the child's life by causing lifelong behavior problems.
BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:38 AM
4 moms liked this

Actually no I wouldn't.  If Hillary had said the same thing I would probably have the same reaction.  Except that Chelsea wasn't the poster child for abstinence only education.  

Quoting momof31995: Really? I didn't take that as blaming god but praising him for giving 2nd 3rd and 4th chances. I think this is more about Sarah Palin than anything had it been Killary saying the same about Chelsea you wpuld have been fine with it.
Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

Pema_Jampa
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Well the blame must go to someone. Surely couldn't be her sucky parenting skills. 

momof31995
by on Nov. 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM
Could be her daughter likes sex. As long as she is raising her children without welfare and food stamps or tax payer funded programs it is no one else's business. Plain and simple if it doesn't effect you keep your nose to yourself.

Quoting Pema_Jampa:

Well the blame must go to someone. Surely couldn't be her sucky parenting skills. 

BluesPagan2.0
by IWantTacos on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM
4 moms liked this

When you publicly tout yourself as a moral family with Chrisitan values and support abstinence only you open yourself and your private life to criticism.

Quoting momof31995: Could be her daughter likes sex. As long as she is raising her children without welfare and food stamps or tax payer funded programs it is no one else's business. Plain and simple if it doesn't effect you keep your nose to yourself.
Quoting Pema_Jampa:

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 16, 2015 at 12:03 PM

I see the same thing you did.

Quoting momof31995: Really? I didn't take that as blaming god but praising him for giving 2nd 3rd and 4th chances. I think this is more about Sarah Palin than anything had it been Killary saying the same about Chelsea you would have been fine with it.
Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

DILLIGAF?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)