Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trump Says He Could "Shoot Somebody" and Still Maintain Support

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:03 PM
  • 348 Replies

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-says-he-could-shoot-somebody-still-maintain-support-n502911

Donald Trump said Saturday that his supporters are so loyal that he would not lose backers even if he were to shoot someone in the middle of downtown Manhattan.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, okay, and I wouldn't lose any voters, okay?" Trump said at a rally in Sioux Center, Iowa as the audience laughed. "It's, like, incredible."

Trump has previously boasted about the devotion of his fans, but the new comment is the most extreme example of such a remark.

Arecent NBC News/Survey Monkey poll suggested that Trump supporters, once decided, are likely to stay with him. About half of respondents backing the real estate mogul said they were "absolutely certain" that they will vote for Trump. 

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
What a weirdo.

Of course, he's probably right.
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Disgusting.

PamR
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Ugh.

He has so little respect for his supporters, and for all voters.  He's so awful.  I still don't get it.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Too bad he doesn't spend 1/10th of the time on the issues and highlighting his viable plans for the country VS self promoting and saying stupid, nasty, inflammatory crap.

Such a game player.

-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:51 PM
9 moms liked this
Hes basically saying his supporters are stupid
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM
And that isn't frightening???

Quoting Raintree: What a weirdo.

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:56 PM
I think it's all about his own self-aggrandizement. And every supporter feeds it.

Quoting PamR:

Ugh.

He has so little respect for his supporters, and for all voters.  He's so awful.  I still don't get it.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:41 PM
6 moms liked this
Its total insanity.

Based on the people I personally know who are supporting him- this just doesn't surprise me. Not a brain cell to rub between them.

Quoting romalove: And that isn't frightening???

Quoting Raintree: What a weirdo.

nb34
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:47 PM
2 moms liked this

And we wonder why he is compared to Hitler! Well because he totally has it in him, you know?!

romalove
by Roma on Jan. 23, 2016 at 8:49 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting nb34:

And we wonder why he is compared to Hitler! Well because he totally has it in him, you know?!

I find it all very scary, his candidacy, the people that support him, the whole thing.

Of course, I don't like many of the candidates, but they don't all scare me like this guy does.

Why don't the people supporting him see that they are feeding his insane narcissism?  He doesn't really talk specifics about what he is going to do, he talks about how well he himself is doing, and how great he is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)