Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One of my extremely liberal friends is making me twitch

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:28 AM
  • 153 Replies
She is a political science major. And honestly she is so naive and has drank the poli sci koolaid. She wants to runaway to Europe because racism is running rampant, Christianity is taking over, and we have made villains of people who want equal rights.

While I agree with her that this country has issues I argue that they are not insurmountable and that there are more moderates than she thinks. She believes that we are a country divided. She sees it as liberals versus conservatives. She believes that if anyone other than Hillary wins then this country is going to hell in a hand basket.

She honestly makes me twitch sometimes.

Do you agree? Do you think there are enough moderates willing to get out and vote so that extremes don't win out or we we as a country now doomed to be screwed over by one extreme or another?
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:36 AM
5 moms liked this

Sounds funny, coming from someone who is supporting  an extremist.

honey80
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My family lives in Europe and the situation there is pretty horrendous. Economic crisis, refugees taking over, Europeans treating these people worse than garbage, violence, slandering of the refugees, refugees causing havoc. It's a mess out there is she nuts?
France had no go zones occupied by extremists Muslims that will kill or rape anyone trespassing
JustCJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 5:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Are finances holding her up? Because I'll buy her ticket.

Fucking libs.

idunno1234
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:10 AM
14 moms liked this

Your post is ironic considering you are basically epitomizing what her friend says: liberals vs conservatives.

Seems to me that regardless of political affiliation/ideology, the goal is the same- you know....the whole pursuit of happiness, equal opportunities for all thing.

Extremism, myopic thinking, inability/unwillingness to understand other perspectives, an assumption that the things we read/watch that bolster our "rightness" are accurate, that those who think differently than us are automatically wrong/ignorant/stupid/evil......those things don't wear any better on a conservative than they do on a liberal.

Quoting JustCJ:

Fucking libs.

amantonacci
by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I do worry one extreme or the other is going to win...
Debmomto2teens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Fucking conservatives.

Feel better?

Quoting JustCJ:

Fucking libs.

Debmomto2teens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:29 AM
3 moms liked this
She is young. I teach junior level college students. Many of them want Bernie Sanders. While I do support him, their reasons are very utopic. They are fiery and passionate. So are the students who are conservative and want Rubio.

I love it. They are showing an interest. I don't care what side of the fence they are on.. I love that they are thinking and engaged.
JustCJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:05 AM

Thankfully southern dems don't feel the same way.

Quoting Debmomto2teens: She is young. I teach junior level college students. Many of them want Bernie Sanders. While I do support him, their reasons are very utopic. They are fiery and passionate. So are the students who are conservative and want Rubio. I love it. They are showing an interest. I don't care what side of the fence they are on.. I love that they are thinking and engaged.

JustCJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:09 AM

The woman doesn't want to live here. Who am I to not want to help my fellow human out?

Quoting idunno1234:

Your post is ironic considering you are basically epitomizing what her friend says: liberals vs conservatives.

Seems to me that regardless of political affiliation/ideology, the goal is the same- you know....the whole pursuit of happiness, equal opportunities for all thing.

Extremism, myopic thinking, inability/unwillingness to understand other perspectives, an assumption that the things we read/watch that bolster our "rightness" are accurate, that those who think differently than us are automatically wrong/ignorant/stupid/evil......those things don't wear any better on a conservative than they do on a liberal.

Quoting JustCJ:

Fucking libs.

Kmary
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:16 AM
2 moms liked this

She's passionate.  Who cares? I don't agree with her, but I don't see anything inherently wrong with her opinions.  While it's not an extreme I'd go to, there are plenty of perfectly sane people who become ex-pats for any number of reasons and seem to enjoy their lives elsewhwere as much, if not more, than they do here in the states.  It's not THAT crazy of a thought.  

I do find your assessment of her "extreme" views somewhat in contrast to her vote.  People can call her "extreme" all they want, but Hillary is  quite moderate.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)