Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breaking news

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

"BREAKING NEWS: North Korea launches long-range rocket has been detected. Monitoring..."

( gun seller )

( purveyor of instruments of death )

by on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Carpy
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

And now it makes the news.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:07 PM
Just checked the major new channels... Crickets.

Quoting Carpy:

"BREAKING NEWS: North Korea launches long-range rocket has been detected. Monitoring..."

quickbooksworm
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:08 PM
It's on the front page on CNN.

Quoting Citygirlk: Just checked the major new channels... Crickets.

Quoting Carpy:

Mrs.KAZ
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

So the crazy little dude did it.  I just read this morning about how it was Japan said it was coming between the 7 and 14. And Japan was going to shoot it down if they were threatened.

Satellite my hiney!

C.S. Lewis
I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:10 PM

I heard something about it yesterday on Fox. I heard that whatever it was had the ability to reach the US shores.

Mrs.KAZ
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:12 PM

Seoul, South Korea (CNN)North Korea has launched a long-range "missile," a South Korean defense ministry official told CNN Sunday.

The announcement comes just days after the reclusive country's initial launch plans came to light, which drew condemnation from South Korea and Japan.

A senior U.S. defense official said he can "confirm that we have detected a missile launch from North Korea. Based upon its trajectory as we are tracking it, it does not pose a threat to the U.S. or our allies. We will have more updates soon."

Though North Korea said it planned to put a satellite into orbit, the launch is viewed by others as a front for a ballistic missile test.

U.S. officials have said the same type of rocket used to launch the satellite could deliver a nuclear warhead.

"Forcing the launch is a clear violation against the [United Nations Security Council] resolution and a serious provocation against the security to our country," Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told a parliamentary committee on Wednesday.

Officials for the International Maritime Organization and the International Telecommunications Union each told CNN that North Korea informed their respective organizations that it intends to launch a satellite.

Citygirlk
    by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:14 PM
    Yeah I saw that. I just thought it would be on tv. This is history making in a way after all.

Quoting quickbooksworm: It's on the front page on CNN.

Quoting Carpy:

SlightlyPerfect
    by Babushka Blockparty on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:18 PM
    Holy shit.
    Carpy
    by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:18 PM

I know  It wasn't anywhere though when I found out.

Quoting quickbooksworm: It's on the front page on CNN.
    Quoting Carpy:

( gun seller )

Carpy
    by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2016 at 8:21 PM
    1 mom liked this

And wasn't it nice of Clinton to send our experts to help China after their first satalite launch failed.

Quoting Mrs.KAZ:

Seoul, South Korea (CNN)North Korea has launched a long-range "missile," a South Korean defense ministry official told CNN Sunday.

The announcement comes just days after the reclusive country's initial launch plans came to light, which drew condemnation from South Korea and Japan.

A senior U.S. defense official said he can "confirm that we have detected a missile launch from North Korea. Based upon its trajectory as we are tracking it, it does not pose a threat to the U.S. or our allies. We will have more updates soon."

Though North Korea said it planned to put a satellite into orbit, the launch is viewed by others as a front for a ballistic missile test.

U.S. officials have said the same type of rocket used to launch the satellite could deliver a nuclear warhead.

"Forcing the launch is a clear violation against the [United Nations Security Council] resolution and a serious provocation against the security to our country," Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe told a parliamentary committee on Wednesday.

Officials for the International Maritime Organization and the International Telecommunications Union each told CNN that North Korea informed their respective organizations that it intends to launch a satellite.

( gun seller )

Add your quick reply below:
      You must be a member to reply to this post.
      Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
      Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)